Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

THE LONG CHALK ROAD

On 18 Oct 2008 at 12:28am Vera Waters wrote:
THE LONG CHALK ROAD, inviting all children and young people to draw pictures with chalk on the road to Lord Gage's House. There is entertainment on the way including Mr Pineapple Head, Clown, at 12 noon and story-telling, drum circle and healing tent etc plus local musicians including local YOUTH BANDS from STARFISH!!

On 18 Oct 2008 at 1:30am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Bloody vandalism is what I call it, as well as irretrievably stupid (who in their right mind would put children on the A27?)

On 18 Oct 2008 at 11:22am Mark wrote:
Well said spinster this is reckless planning and should be stopped now.

On 18 Oct 2008 at 1:21pm Smiler wrote:
I think its the road in the road the Firle Park

On 18 Oct 2008 at 1:50pm Ben wrote:
"The Long Chalk Road, Firle Park
Come and make your mark on probably the longest chalk graffiti piece ever! Lord Gage has loaned his drive through Firle Park for this fundraising event for Wishing Tree Trust - supporting families in crisis. Part of the National Big Draw. Music, drumming, storytelling, food, drink and more!"

On 18 Oct 2008 at 2:32pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Thanks Smiler - I still think it's stupid encouraging children play in a road regardless of where that road is.
Surely anyone organising a public event for juniors should have an IQ above the room temperature? Equal ops I suppose!

On 20 Oct 2008 at 9:21am Taff wrote:
The park road from the lodge to Firle place is gated and closed unless the house is open to the public. Access allowed for the residents only, so there is no problem with the children being in the road, plus it would be attended by adults too.
Drivers have responsibilities too.

On 20 Oct 2008 at 1:51pm nevermind wrote:
im sure the road will be closed, why do u have to ruin someones add for a great afternoon out, by saying its stupid idea! whats wrong with u, all u lot seem to do is put people down and take the piss. sort it out.

On 20 Oct 2008 at 6:49pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
At least we take the piss in proper English !
I'm not sure it's a good idea to let kids think that applying graffiti is a good idea, tbh.

On 20 Oct 2008 at 7:19pm Ben wrote:
I totally agree. To be completely safe we ought to ban drawing in schools and never let kids outside either, I reckon.

On 21 Oct 2008 at 7:59am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I am so in favour of keeping in kids indoors, at least until the age of 25. Living in the the only (nearly) level road for miles, it is skateboard park, football pitch and BMX track, and for some reason they like to play outisde our house, where they're near the junction, stand the best chance of getting killed and can wind my dogs up.
The other Sunday, I had to go and put a flea in the ear of two boys skateboarding outside my bedroom window - it wasn't even 7 am!

On 21 Oct 2008 at 10:16am Taff wrote:
If grafffiti encourages youngsters to grow up with correct English then I am all for it. I don't have a problem with tasteful graffiti when its in the right places. Its better than looking at County Hall, HQ eyc!

On 21 Oct 2008 at 10:17am Taff wrote:
If grafffiti encourages youngsters to grow up with correct English then I am all for it. I don't have a problem with tasteful graffiti when its in the right places. Its better than looking at County Hall, HQ etc!

On 21 Oct 2008 at 10:29am Earth Mother wrote:
Keep children indoors until they are 25 years old?
Are you serious?
I think they should remain in the womb full stop.

On 21 Oct 2008 at 6:32pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Might that not lead to different health & safety issues though, EM? I hate to think that people might burst. That would be even messier than nasty chalk scribbles on the road.

On 21 Oct 2008 at 6:58pm I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
"Suffer the little children?" Jesus once said, and we've been suffering from them ever since.
The snivelly-wivelly bustards serve no purpose. They don't do chores. They don't know how to spell. They don't behave. They don't have spines. They don't have coping skills. They don't understand the word "polite."
They've been attachment parented. They've been family bedded. They've been num-num booby-fed until they were old enough to ask for it. They've been timed-out. They've been self-esteemed. And, none of it has worked.
They run willy-nilly through classrooms and our lives because there ain't enough Ritalin to go around, and if the Government has their way, there won't be enough Secure Units to go around, either.
PhilX

On 21 Oct 2008 at 9:39pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Loathsome little creatures, aren't they Phil? I blame the parents.

On 22 Oct 2008 at 8:32am I dont live in lewes anymore wrote:
What on earth gave you that idea that I didn't like modern parenting Annette... siren to all men.
Was it something I said?
lol
PhilX

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bonfire Torches 11:132
Bonfire Torches

This morning some runners from Lewes (hardy souls given the downpours) were passing along the lanes in East Chiltington when they... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle