Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Switched on or on stanby

On 22 Aug 2009 at 9:35pm Aunt Fanny wrote:
My elderly neighbour had a repair done on her tv its a LCD HD ready
when the repair man left he said leave it on standby all the time it will cause less trouble . Now I was told because of Global warming leave it off when not in use she is 88 and worried .So I thought I would ask you wise old owls thankyou

On 22 Aug 2009 at 10:46pm uncle dicky wrote:
I understood that the fire service advize against leaving on standby as it could be a fire hazard. The other thing is it costs!

On 23 Aug 2009 at 8:16am wanderer wrote:
not correct most new lcd's have a very low usage once on standby my one is so low the power down adapter I had thinks its off and switches off video and dvd player . I can see what the repair man i saying as its a mechanical switch that you are using which can go wrong .. BTW what set did you have out of interest

On 28 Aug 2009 at 9:45pm aunt fanny wrote:
hi WANDERER my friends tv is a TOSHIBA 20W330DB any info will help thankyou sorry I took so long

On 7 Sep 2009 at 6:37pm Little Pranny wrote:
Give it a good fiddle ....

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Crest 66:132
Lewes Crest

The increase in knife and gun murders has everything to do with scumbags with total disregard for the law and zero morals who the... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine