Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sweeney Todd - The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

On 20 Jan 2008 at 10:55am Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Last night I went to a preview of the above film.
Good story, splendid cast & excellent cinematography, but a shame about the singing!
Mind you, Johnny Depp looked as horny as ever!

On 22 Jan 2008 at 12:32pm Lewesianne wrote:
There's one of those in Lewes actually - went to the hair salon (can't say which one as that's not nice) and had the back of my hair hacked off to the scalp nearly! Shan't go there again. Won't need to go to any hair salon for a long time actually, as it needs to grow back again.

On 23 Jan 2008 at 9:22pm lopster wrote:
is it based on the stage musical of about 20 years ago by any chance?

On 24 Jan 2008 at 7:08am expat wrote:
Yep, it was a Broadway show in the late 70's.

On 24 Jan 2008 at 9:47pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
But wasn't the inspiration for the musical from a much older book or real life character?
Lewesianne - where is the Demon Barber of Lewes? You must spill all!

On 24 Jan 2008 at 10:30pm zola wrote:
Come on Lewesianne,give us a clue...Or go under another name.I think it's your duty to tell us who did the dirty deed.
If it makes you feel better,I will start the ball rolling by naming and shaming Mr Toppers hair salon in Western Road in Brighton opposite Primark.I had my hair cut last July and was very unhappy with the result.Not only was it not what I had asked for,one side was longer than the other.
I complained at the time,but was told to leave it a couple of days to 'settle down'.
Went back a couple of days later,asked for a refund.Was offered another haircut.I declined.
Still trying to get over it 7 months later.Know how you feel.

On 26 Jan 2008 at 8:19am Lewesianne wrote:
Yes, I think it must be. One thing about Johnny Depp though. Although he is very gorgeous, don't you think that he's starting to play the same stereotype characters now? That bedraggled, black eyed, Russel Brand look?

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

Does the Ellie still show football? Walked past recently and they didn't seem to be showing any. Wanted to see BHA possibly go... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell