Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sussex Hamper

On 27 Aug 2015 at 6:07pm mutter wrote:
What do you get a very dear neighbour for his 90th birthday?
I thought I'd make up a Sussex hamper, seeing as he was born and bred here and often talks about how food tasted better in the old days.
As I was in Lewes for a couple of hours today, I had a look round and managed to get local honey, jam, chutney and beer.
Any other ideas?
(Sadly can't make it to any Farmer's Markets on Saturday)
On 27 Aug 2015 at 6:57pm Border Control wrote:
Painted string ?
On 27 Aug 2015 at 7:04pm maitre d' wrote:
Sussex Pond Pudding
On 27 Aug 2015 at 9:07pm Horseman7 wrote:
That's a lovely idea mutter. Can you get out to Middle Farm? You would be spoilt for choice there and get could include MF's very own cider and sausages.

On 28 Aug 2015 at 12:39am Jumper wrote:
You could also try Laportes and the little Pleasant cafe for some local produce.
On 28 Aug 2015 at 9:46am ClicketyYak wrote:
There's a local produce market under the market tower this morning (every Friday). You could make a banoffee pie.
On 28 Aug 2015 at 5:34pm mutter wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions.
Why didn't I think of a farm shop! Sounds perfect.
Thanks again.

On 28 Aug 2015 at 8:42pm Nancy Boyes wrote:
I'm a fan of Middle Farm and its shop too. I've also heard good reports regarding the one just outside Offham too. I think your neighbour already has the best present he could wish for - someone who cares so much about him and his welfare, so rare these days in my experience. I wish you well in your endeavours and hope his birthday is a resounding success.

On 28 Aug 2015 at 11:13pm Lopster wrote:
Some prawns, a little lettuce, thousand island, lemon, black pepper and a pair of king prawns hooked on the side of the seventies starter glass
And you have yourself a ...
Seaford Cocktail

On 30 Aug 2015 at 8:15am mutter wrote:
Lopster, that made me giggle far more than it deserved really, but I'll put it down to be tired and emotional after a long and stressful nightshift.
And Nancy, I don't recognise the angel you describe!
The old fella can be a right royal pain in the you-know-what too, mostly because he's got a lot more time to talk than I have to listen, but hey, you're only 90 once aren't you?

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Snowdrop Stairs 105:132
Snowdrop Stairs

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams