Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Suspicious minds...

7
2
On 29 Oct 2016 at 9:25am NotaTroll wrote:
Just wondering why everyone assumes that every new post on this forum is written by a troll?
8
8
On 29 Oct 2016 at 9:41am Sweet wrote:
There's just some very bitter people out there who think they're comedians too. It's tiresome
4
6
On 29 Oct 2016 at 9:45am And sour wrote:
Maybe because most are?
14
10
On 29 Oct 2016 at 9:46am Earl of Lewes wrote:
Not every post, but a growing number. They look like the work of trolls because they are provocative and use language that a genuine person would shy away from, even if they held those views deep down. It clearly amuses some people to say something ridiculous and watch others take the bait. But it's easy to do that. The trick is to do it really well, like 'Jennifer', who could almost be a real person. But it does feel that trolling is killing this forum (which is probably the aim). Only Paul Newman's interminable, unreadable posts about the EU are worse.
6
6
On 29 Oct 2016 at 11:37am Sara wrote:
I agree with the original post.
Look at Sara's post yesterday - she was derided by all as being a troll, yet almost everyone I know looks at whether there are any 'rough' areas near to where they're looking at moving to. This, after all, is all she was trying to find out - and I thought she put it rather more politely than a real 'troll' would have done. She doesn't know Lewes and was asking questions that most house buyers are asking estate agents.
I think on this forum, if someone posts something that others don't like then they just all shout " TROLL!"
It's really narrow minded.
There's an assumption on here that all Lewesians are left wing liberals. Well I can tell you they're not!!
9
2
On 29 Oct 2016 at 11:46am You caught a fish wrote:
Yes let's look at Sara's post, the language, the suggestions... not only does she derived "lower classes" she also questions whether the "middle to upper classes" are posh enough for her. You think this is a serious post? Muppet!
6
7
On 29 Oct 2016 at 12:02pm Poyton wrote:
Or Pedro's middle class pot nonsense
1
4
On 29 Oct 2016 at 12:31pm Sara's mate wrote:
@You caught a fish
You sound rather aggressive.
Calm down dear.
1
4
On 29 Oct 2016 at 12:44pm Sara's mate wrote:
And, 'you caught a fish', do you realise that your post yesterday in response to Sara's post received a lot of thumb down clicks? I take that to mean a lot of people disagreed with you!
I think you have a touch of what we call 'reverse snobbery'. Look it up if you haven't heard of it.
14
3
On 29 Oct 2016 at 1:18pm You caught a fish wrote:
I don't really care, Sara's post made my blood boil. I look at a black man or an English man or a Chinese man and see a person perfectly equal to each other. I also look at poor and rich people in the same way (we are all equal), Sara looks at people and see lower class, middle class or upper class. Frankly speaking I hope it is a troll if it's a real person it's certainly someone who I hope never to meet.
6
6
On 29 Oct 2016 at 2:03pm Jennifer wrote:
Although Sara, who is concerned about her children, is not someone I know, her concerns are shared. As a mother with other business and personal responsibilities, I do not want our family to be a challenge to others e.g. children unused to experiencing quality, or whose parents do not work, or who have other bad habits, or who have failed to put money aside for school trips, child development, private tuition, etc. There is a large gap in behaviour that any parent can see, and it is my job to put my children first and not pick up the pieces of other families who have failed to achieve what they are capable of. My family devoted some of our capital to move to Lewes as a premium town (as we saw it) and I am happy to protect my investment actively. Sara, some of us DO care.
4
5
On 29 Oct 2016 at 2:20pm You caught a fish wrote:
You miss the point Jennifer, its not that she is concerned for her children it's because she automatically assumes lower class people are bad. Bigger the house the less likely you are to have scruples in my experience.
3
4
On 29 Oct 2016 at 3:26pm Jennifer wrote:
Generally I find that the upper classes are very happy to be judged or categorised as upper class, so I am sure they will not have been offended by Sara.
It is the lower classes who get upset by class distinction.
I don't know why you're so upset with Sara, she did not say anything wrong.
I notice she hasn't posted anything more; probably scared off by the baying 'Lewesians'.
4
4
On 29 Oct 2016 at 4:15pm You caught a fish wrote:
Jennifer, speaking as technically a member of the middle classes due to my income, but living in what Sara deems to be a lower class area I can assure you I wouldn't use words like lower middle or upper class. Frankly I find the use offensive, I look around and see people not bank balances. Is that blunt enough for you to comprehend? Probably not, "lower classes get upset by class distinction"... yes people tend to get pissed off when you ponder whether here's too many of them and whether they are ruining the poshness of the local area. As for not wanting her children to mix with the lower classes, that is probably wise if they're like the parents they won't last 5 minutes.
6
7
On 29 Oct 2016 at 4:18pm Gardener wrote:
.I really wonder why anyone bothers reading this forum. Until it is properly moderated and people must register I'm staying away. Practically every post would be deleted on any decent forum where people have to show respect for each other.
7
1
On 29 Oct 2016 at 4:46pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
@You caught a fish - It's all getting very confusing. Are you trolling too, or are you being really naive? Jennifer is obviously not a real person, but satirises certain types of people with more wit than the average troll. I liked the phrase 'premium town'. There are people who have moved here with exactly that mindset.
3
5
On 29 Oct 2016 at 5:06pm Hyeana wrote:
It's easy to tell whose a troll through a contributors ISP number. The same ISP number appears for those who keep changing their names. Go to the help page, click on settings, click on user profiles, in the blank field enter the contributors name and date / time and post and press search, their ISP address will then come up. Easy to distinguish them.
3
3
On 29 Oct 2016 at 5:32pm You caught a fish wrote:
As the name suggests I am trolling... However I do find the suggestion that the road you live in somehow influences what type of person you are (the road you live in is more likely to come down to when you bought) highly offensive.
 
 
On 29 Oct 2016 at 8:26pm Strictly wrote:
I often think where you shop often dictates if you are a troll or not.
3
1
On 29 Oct 2016 at 9:41pm Earl of Lewesss wrote:
@You caught a fish - I take your point, but why not just say what you really think? If half of us are going to communicate by saying the opposite of what we believe, with varying degrees of success and wit, it makes for a very confusing discussion. Behind every troll post, it feels as if there's an assumption that the author is a bit cleverer than the rest of us simple folk.
3
2
On 30 Oct 2016 at 8:20am You caught a fish wrote:
@eol I did, I was saying in a contentious way but the sentiment is there. In both threads and all replies I give the same message - I am offended by the suggestion.
1
2
On 30 Oct 2016 at 1:10pm Reality wrote:
Most of the biggest crooks in the world live in the biggest 'houses' & are still at large (did someone say Mr.Green?)... Don't judge honesty by the size of the house, in fact apply the reverse thinking


15 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Lewes Station Sunset 81:132
Lewes Station Sunset

Tom Pain is in the pocket of the aluminium industry and is clearly sponsored by Baco Foil.

more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell