Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sunday Times

On 16 Aug 2010 at 11:28am Clifford wrote:
So, what happened with the Sunday Times? Did they print a rebuttal, or what? (And don't tell me to buy a copy because I wouldn't give the dripping from my nose to Murdoch).

On 16 Aug 2010 at 11:34am Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
Yes Cliff, they did print a few letters, at least the responses were more balanced than Ol Smithy's drivel. Move on now Lewes Folk, more important things going on than the views of an old hack, well at least for me there are. Best, Peter and Boon-Nam

On 16 Aug 2010 at 11:48am Newmania wrote:
More important things ? Like what, the yawning deficit, the inevitable threat of inflation the end of council housing ( Yay ! ) or the usual tedious and determinedly parochial crapola ?
Not sure that being "Balanced" is the right response to a liar anyway, god I pity his children and to think I thought was an embarrassing dad .

On 16 Aug 2010 at 2:07pm Hoodie Hugger wrote:
They printed a number of letters, and also wrote an article, interviewing that Emmanuel-Jones chap (the 'black farmer') amongst others. Although they tried desperately hard to be balanced, you could tell that they were still convinced that anywhere outside SW1-15 was shockingly, intrinsically racist. They also saw fit to publish figures showing that - shock horror - 95% of Britain is STILL white!
I find this argument bizarre. If we insisted that an African country become half white, there would be storms of protest - hang on, didn't we actually try that in the last century? And weren't there storms of protest (rightly so)? So why the Liberal London Elite have decided that they won't be happy until all ethnicities are equally represented across a country that is geographically placed on the far edge of northern Europe is beyond me.

On 16 Aug 2010 at 7:09pm Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
Hoodie, what a great post, but it is the way of the world for now, idealistic and utter b.....x as my son would say, anyway let the PC brigade get on with it, and we shall get on with real life!! All the best, Peter and Boon-Nam

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Chapel Hill Lewes 20:132
Chapel Hill Lewes

Well it looks as if I can jet off soon , none of the loud mouths with nothing behind them have anything to say, all piss and wind... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington