Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sunday Boot Sale

On 17 Dec 2018 at 12:22pm Bert wrote:
I heard a rumour that the boot sale was stopping next year, and reverting to a car park on Sundays. Apparently. The Japanese owners of National Car Parks need that revenue. (Do we own anything these days ? ).
On 17 Dec 2018 at 12:58pm Green Sleeves wrote:
At least it's not a pesky EU foreigner investing in the UK, am I right??

Carboot sale has been pretty quiet in recent months. Think people have run out of tat to shift. Or crappy weather, and of course Brexit
On 17 Dec 2018 at 4:50pm wanderer wrote:
More. Likely it due to it being called a vintage boot fair so just overpriced old tat.
On 17 Dec 2018 at 9:01pm Tom Pain wrote:
It would be good if another venue could be found with car parking available. What about a school playground? It seems that the rent at the back of Waitrose was rather exorbitant. Don't the schools need a bit of extra cash? Couldn't it be in the precinct?
On 18 Dec 2018 at 7:11am Rumpole wrote:
It was perfectly ok as a proper old school boot fair before those two got their hands on it and tried to rebrand it and make it 'new Lewes'. I am glad it has failed and they have been humiliated. The Nash Street boot fair is thriving and whilst it's a bit of a trek, it is by far and away the best on offer in the area.
On 3 Jan 2019 at 6:45pm Crook wrote:
Did it once and the manager seemed more intent on extracting as much as he could for the pitch as I had a van for the day, rather than encourage me to regularly sell my crap so I reverted to Nash / Rainbow. Short sighted and a failed rebrand. At least they gave it a go I suppose. Although not a good one.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Tiled House 86:132
Lewes Tiled House

Greenie, this started as serious thread about cutting down trees, why are you trolling it? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde