Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sunday Boot Sale

On 17 Dec 2018 at 12:22pm Bert wrote:
I heard a rumour that the boot sale was stopping next year, and reverting to a car park on Sundays. Apparently. The Japanese owners of National Car Parks need that revenue. (Do we own anything these days ? ).
On 17 Dec 2018 at 12:58pm Green Sleeves wrote:
At least it's not a pesky EU foreigner investing in the UK, am I right??

Carboot sale has been pretty quiet in recent months. Think people have run out of tat to shift. Or crappy weather, and of course Brexit
On 17 Dec 2018 at 4:50pm wanderer wrote:
More. Likely it due to it being called a vintage boot fair so just overpriced old tat.
On 17 Dec 2018 at 9:01pm Tom Pain wrote:
It would be good if another venue could be found with car parking available. What about a school playground? It seems that the rent at the back of Waitrose was rather exorbitant. Don't the schools need a bit of extra cash? Couldn't it be in the precinct?
On 18 Dec 2018 at 7:11am Rumpole wrote:
It was perfectly ok as a proper old school boot fair before those two got their hands on it and tried to rebrand it and make it 'new Lewes'. I am glad it has failed and they have been humiliated. The Nash Street boot fair is thriving and whilst it's a bit of a trek, it is by far and away the best on offer in the area.
On 3 Jan 2019 at 6:45pm Crook wrote:
Did it once and the manager seemed more intent on extracting as much as he could for the pitch as I had a van for the day, rather than encourage me to regularly sell my crap so I reverted to Nash / Rainbow. Short sighted and a failed rebrand. At least they gave it a go I suppose. Although not a good one.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

rye bonfire badge 103:132
rye bonfire badge

Ah but if they came on your land the owners would be trespassing. Cats are the worst offenders and seagulls, do they aim at cars? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie