Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sturgeon supports the Conservatives

On 4 Apr 2015 at 12:20pm UK Sussex Scot wrote:
As I thought, Sturgeon wants a Tory government to give her even more impetus to break up the UK.Many Tories would also like to get rid of Scotland from the Union.What an unholy unpatriotic alliance.vote Labour and save the UK.
On 4 Apr 2015 at 12:52pm Paul Newman wrote:
As the SNP has specifically told us they would vote down a Conservative Queens Speech, however low President Sturgeons opinion of Ed Milliband may privately be that is what they will do.
It would be electoral suicide in Scotland not to.
As to whether an unelected Tartan Raj is less divisive than an elected UK Government the Scots happen not to like, not much in it .
On 4 Apr 2015 at 3:51pm Clifford wrote:
UK Sussex Scot thanks for confirming that the story can be traced back to the Labour party. The only way Labour in Scotland can try to get votes back from the SNP is to pretend the SNP favours a Tory government. It isn't going to work, is it? Those of us who remember how John 'Kiss of Death' McTernan works can see his hand in this.

Check it out here »
On 4 Apr 2015 at 4:20pm Beam me up Scotty. wrote:
The story about Sturgeon`s support for the Tories comes from that well known Labour supporting newspaper the Daily Telegraph Clifford.So back to the drawing board for you I`m afraid.

On 4 Apr 2015 at 5:24pm Belladonna wrote:
SNP used to be known as Tartan Tories but this is just a modern lye with an old trope

On 5 Apr 2015 at 7:29pm Clifford wrote:
Beam me up Scotty - you're being incredibly naive. It isn't where the story appears, it's who gives the paper the story that counts.

On 5 Apr 2015 at 10:24pm GhostBike wrote:
The SNP will only have any power because of the crazy FTTP system. They'll get a few percentage points of the vote and 50+ seats, whereas the lib dems will get five or six times as many votes and struggle to get 20 odd.
Maybe some of those in the political mainstream might be wishing, now, that we'd gone for PR....

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 115:132
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

Well Basil you could try posting about something and see what people's reaction is. I don't mean just the state of the forum but,... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine