Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Stuffed figures in Ringmer

On 28 Jun 2015 at 2:52pm David wrote:
Just driven through Ringmer and seen all the stuffed figures outside houses. Looked great but despite living in Lewes for nearly twenty years its the first time I noticed it. What's the story?
On 28 Jun 2015 at 2:54pm townie wrote:
Apparently it's a scarecrow competition. Drove through yesterday and loved it.
On 28 Jun 2015 at 2:55pm Sjep76 wrote:
It is to do with Ringmer Primary School, part of their summer fair. A scarecrow trail and competition.
On 28 Jun 2015 at 6:52pm wicker man wrote:
There's a load in Isfield too.
On 28 Jun 2015 at 9:47pm Ben wrote:
Well done Ringmer. Went back for a second drive thru.
On 29 Jun 2015 at 12:00am RedHeartedCyclist wrote:
Let's be honest. It's a vast improvement on the place than most the time, where it looks like the set from out of Shaun of the Dead. Trust me I have to visit often ...
On 29 Jun 2015 at 12:05pm mother wrote:
RedHeartedCyclist and Old Bloke - have a heart?
This was done for and by kids. I thought they all looked great and my favourite was the Fox one.

On 29 Jun 2015 at 1:54pm Old Bloke wrote:
who said it wasn't good
My favourite was the canoe one
Don't alter the fact much of the population of Lewes is a good likeness to a scarecrow
If you don't believe me buy a cup of tea and cake in the Magazine and watch the Lewes world go by

On 2 Jul 2015 at 5:03pm country boy wrote:

lt was good to see the fun families were having walking round Ringmer at the weekend with there maps looking for the scarecrows as l drove through , quality family time !!!!!!!
WELL DONE RINGMER !!!!!!!!!!!!

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Down the Pan 31:143
Down the Pan

Extinction Rebellion, the ecological protest group founded in 2018, has initiated its “Summer Uprising”. Namely, blockading roads... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington