Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Street Vendors

On 4 Oct 2008 at 7:55pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Personally I cannot stand the mobile street vendors that are allowed to sell on the streets of Lewes every Bonfire night - you know the ones - usually have a supermarket trolley laden with tacky and mildly radioactive waste (glow in the dark necklaces etc).
Apart from being "not bonfire", I feel that these vendors pose a huge hazard in the crowded streets.
What do you think?

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:00pm Chav wrote:
On come off it. This is the one night a year my dad ain't out nicking. You just can't please some people.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:00pm pikelet wrote:
Burn the glow in the dark blighters.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:01pm pikelet wrote:
Burn the glow in the dark blighters.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:22pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I'm keeping my eye on the score - so far it's 2-0 against the vendors

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:46pm Frak wrote:
Surely if people didn't buy from them, then they wouldn't bother doing it.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 9:50pm MDT wrote:
we'll all be street vendors soon...

On 5 Oct 2008 at 1:32am fireball wrote:
i would not be to hard on them . just send them to newhaven via the bloody river .

On 5 Oct 2008 at 2:11am Angry of Lewes wrote:
Surely the plastic novelty selling scum must be licenced somehow? whatever happened to roast chestnuts - don't see them at all on the 5th anymore - its all chav tat - platic and fake and absolutely un-bonfire - DO NOT BUY - deely boppers and glowsticks do not represent freedom of speech and protection from persecution - then again neither do roast chestnuts - but at least they are traditional winter fare

On 5 Oct 2008 at 7:23am FA wrote:
I can't stand these people who clog up our streets on a saturday morning wearing black and white stripey jumpers trying constantly to flog me a bonfire programme ;-)

On 5 Oct 2008 at 8:01am Cliffebimbo wrote:
Right, thats it FA, I'm coming round to your house with a programme. Or is that your plan????

On 5 Oct 2008 at 10:32am lopster wrote:
wear really REALLY dark glasses FA - you won't know what colour stripes they're wearing - then you can buy 1 of each programme and wave them around and hey presto - no more hassle - simple

On 5 Oct 2008 at 12:53pm Local wrote:
Anyway, Bonfire night is the only time you can guarantee seeing a copper on the street in the evening - hundreds of them in fact. Where do they hide the rest of the year?

On 5 Oct 2008 at 1:18pm fireball wrote:
only night we do not need them

On 5 Oct 2008 at 7:53pm Enoch wrote:
I agree that the glow in the dark chavvie vendors are a scourge and should stay in their caravans! As for the police, it is an awful amount for just one arrest - what a waste of money.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 115:132
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

You forgot to mention that the earth is flat, Tom more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams