Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Street Vendors

On 4 Oct 2008 at 7:55pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Personally I cannot stand the mobile street vendors that are allowed to sell on the streets of Lewes every Bonfire night - you know the ones - usually have a supermarket trolley laden with tacky and mildly radioactive waste (glow in the dark necklaces etc).
Apart from being "not bonfire", I feel that these vendors pose a huge hazard in the crowded streets.
What do you think?

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:00pm Chav wrote:
On come off it. This is the one night a year my dad ain't out nicking. You just can't please some people.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:00pm pikelet wrote:
Burn the glow in the dark blighters.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:01pm pikelet wrote:
Burn the glow in the dark blighters.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:22pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I'm keeping my eye on the score - so far it's 2-0 against the vendors

On 4 Oct 2008 at 8:46pm Frak wrote:
Surely if people didn't buy from them, then they wouldn't bother doing it.

On 4 Oct 2008 at 9:50pm MDT wrote:
we'll all be street vendors soon...

On 5 Oct 2008 at 1:32am fireball wrote:
i would not be to hard on them . just send them to newhaven via the bloody river .

On 5 Oct 2008 at 2:11am Angry of Lewes wrote:
Surely the plastic novelty selling scum must be licenced somehow? whatever happened to roast chestnuts - don't see them at all on the 5th anymore - its all chav tat - platic and fake and absolutely un-bonfire - DO NOT BUY - deely boppers and glowsticks do not represent freedom of speech and protection from persecution - then again neither do roast chestnuts - but at least they are traditional winter fare

On 5 Oct 2008 at 7:23am FA wrote:
I can't stand these people who clog up our streets on a saturday morning wearing black and white stripey jumpers trying constantly to flog me a bonfire programme ;-)

On 5 Oct 2008 at 8:01am Cliffebimbo wrote:
Right, thats it FA, I'm coming round to your house with a programme. Or is that your plan????

On 5 Oct 2008 at 10:32am lopster wrote:
wear really REALLY dark glasses FA - you won't know what colour stripes they're wearing - then you can buy 1 of each programme and wave them around and hey presto - no more hassle - simple

On 5 Oct 2008 at 12:53pm Local wrote:
Anyway, Bonfire night is the only time you can guarantee seeing a copper on the street in the evening - hundreds of them in fact. Where do they hide the rest of the year?

On 5 Oct 2008 at 1:18pm fireball wrote:
only night we do not need them

On 5 Oct 2008 at 7:53pm Enoch wrote:
I agree that the glow in the dark chavvie vendors are a scourge and should stay in their caravans! As for the police, it is an awful amount for just one arrest - what a waste of money.

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

roboqueen 102:132
roboqueen

I find your first remark utterly vile and if I were running this forum I would ban you. You are either using me to make... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare