Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Street Parties Planned ?

On 4 May 2016 at 6:29pm The Old Mayor wrote:
Are there any street parties in Lewes planned to celebrate the old Queens 90th ? Maybe some pubs are planning something special.
On 4 May 2016 at 8:59pm Earl of Lewes wrote:
They had a special pensioners' tea at St Thomas Court, but I'm not aware of any other events. We'll have to do more when she reaches 100.
On 4 May 2016 at 11:02pm Republican wrote:
It seems Lewes has said no to monarchist civil disorder.
On 5 May 2016 at 2:40am wrote:
Who’s going to pay for them?
Clue; It won’t be someone we are forced by law pay more than 36 million out of our taxes.
On 5 May 2016 at 10:11am Clifford wrote:
On of the town's most famous residents had this to say: 'To the evil of monarchy we have added that of hereditary succession; and as the first is a degradation and lessening of ourselves, so the second, claimed as a matter of right, is an insult and imposition on posterity. For all men being originally equals, no one by birth could have a right to set up his own family in perpetual preference to all others for ever, and tho' himself might deserve some decent degree of honours of his contemporaries, yet his descendants might be far too unworthy to inherit them. One of the strongest natural proofs of the folly of hereditary right in Kings, is that nature disapproves it, otherwise she would not so frequently turn it into ridicule, by giving mankind an ASS FOR A LION.'
On 5 May 2016 at 12:21pm Derek wrote:
Queens road is having a street party in Malling.
On 5 May 2016 at 2:04pm Dexter wrote:
If she turns on the treasonous tax dodgers who run this country like their personal fiefdom, re-employes all those sacked policemen, stops the greedy & wanton attacks on the NHS and education; I might get the jelly and cakes out.
On 5 May 2016 at 4:06pm Jonjo wrote:
The only ass on here is you Clifford

On 5 May 2016 at 6:39pm Jimbob Walton wrote:
Hush your potty mouth. And put on your boxing gloves, kind regards and goodnight.
On 5 May 2016 at 7:58pm queens road resident wrote:
Derek..when is Queens Road having the party??

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Sussex Downs 121:143
Sussex Downs

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare