Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Stonegate fare evader

On 15 Dec 2014 at 6:55pm Horseman7 wrote:
I'm pleased to see this man has finally got his just desserts.
On 15 Dec 2014 at 7:03pm Southover Queen wrote:
I just puzzle about why half of the City hasn't been banned from working in the financial sector after the events of the last few years? It's all right to bring down the whole global financial system, but not to cheat South Eastern trains from 45k? I am *not* condoning this, for the avoidance of doubt; just wondering why so many have apparently escaped sanction.
On 15 Dec 2014 at 8:00pm Sussex Jim wrote:
He has commited fraud on an industrial scale and perhaps should be banned from holding a position dealing with finance.
But I am curious to know how he evaded the ticket inspectors on the South Eastern network on so many journeys during that time.
On 15 Dec 2014 at 9:08pm a commuter wrote:
Tis good he has finally been named and shamed and rightly so. It does also reflect badly on southern for negligible checking during several thousand journeys. ... does not inspire confidence in ones transit provider

On 16 Dec 2014 at 8:48am lewesian wrote:
cummuter - as pointed out by Sussex Jim in the previous post it is South Eastern NOT Southern

On 16 Dec 2014 at 8:05pm Commuter wrote:
Where a station (such as Stonegate, this particular offender's home base) has no barrier, it's the easiest thing to board a train without a ticket. If challenged by a conductor or ticket enforcement officer, all you have to do is buy a ticket for the journey you are making. But, most days, you'll not be troubled to do that. And that's how you can get away with this scam (or at least think you can get away with it).

On 17 Dec 2014 at 9:31am someone else wrote:
The man's an absolute berk. 1m salary and he was determined to avoid pennies (in relative terms) for years. As it was, when he was caught he was fined the full value of single fares rather than the season ticket he could have bought in the first place. I suppose he'll probably open a vineyard or the like now, and write a book about it.

On 20 Dec 2014 at 3:22pm 2easy wrote:
In Brighton you used to be able to buy a cheap advanced single journey from London Rd to Brighton and add 'Brighton Bus'. Result? Free travel on Brighton's buses up to the date on the train ticket. Apparently.

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Willeys Bridge 142:143
Willeys Bridge

What happened to my post made last night? Is there a curfew from 11 pm? What are the rules with this forum? Just tell me and... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa