Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Station Manager Lewes

On 19 Jul 2016 at 1:13pm TIm wrote:
There is a guy who I assume to be the Station Manager at Lewes. Now, I am a major critic of Southern but this person seems to be the exception. He is smartly dressed, always helpful, always busy, and always leading by example. Today he has rolled his sleeves up and is offloading hundreds of bottles of water from a pallet truck. Southern needs more leaders like him!
On 19 Jul 2016 at 2:57pm on time wrote:
Sod the water that's a cover up because cut back no bloody train .We can buy our own water. what next !
On 19 Jul 2016 at 4:08pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
Imo all the staff at Lewes station are helpful and pleasant. The ticket office chaps are very helpful, and the staff are always fine about letting you down on to the platform to meet someone arriving.
The staff at East Croydon could do with taking a leaf out of their book.
On 19 Jul 2016 at 5:16pm Local wrote:
Are you being serious? What about the grumpy unhelpful miserable bloke in the ticket office? Everything is too much trouble for him, and he never ever says thank you.
On 19 Jul 2016 at 5:41pm A Person wrote:
I think they're terrific. They cancelled a train I was catching, which meant a full scale rethink of my plans. He was really helpful and together we figured out a new route which got me where I was going just in time. It isn't their fault they're employed by a complete shower.
On 19 Jul 2016 at 6:38pm Another person wrote:
I agree, the ticket office staff are always incredibly helpful and courteous.
On 19 Jul 2016 at 10:24pm Bertie Buss wrote:
One middle aged ticket office bloke is a complete @rse. He has wrongly denied me the use of my discount card on a couple of occasions meaning I had to pay full rate and have the hassle of claiming it back. He was so stubborn he wouldnt even go and check because " he knew he was right". Well he wasn't. Numpty.
I complained but just got a generic letter back explaining how they are going to improve their training.
On 20 Jul 2016 at 2:12am wrote:
What do you expect from private sector employees?
On 20 Jul 2016 at 8:26am Reality wrote:
Why haven't Southern been striped of this franchise yet, complete joke, abject failure all round. Essential public services like this should not be run for profit, privatise the whole thing & quickly so it is properly accountable

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Gardeners Arms Lewes 115:132
The Gardeners Arms Lewes

Hello Lewes Forum, I have an enquiry.
Does anyone know of an enclosed field near Lewes where our delightful but errant 10 month... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde