Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

St. Anne's protest

On 9 Jun 2011 at 12:36am Oolon Colluphid wrote:
This is a great blog post about the St. Anne's protest.

Check it out here »

On 9 Jun 2011 at 10:42am sfb2 wrote:
To me they're just a bunch of professional "activists" in search of a cause with their Green calls for "Community Space"..."Allotments"..."Grow the Future"...Blah, Blah....
How about growing up? Lewes has plenty enough "Community Spaces" - ie parks and allotments, were in the middle of a National Park! and I'd rather the land was put to some decent use, like housing.
Self-styled leader of the protesters, ex Page 3 'Stunna' Marina Pepper, trills on Twitter that they're safe for a while as the eviction team recently called round preparing a quote for the council.
So to remove this bunch is sure to cost a small fortune, money I'd rather be spent on public services, the same "vital front-line public services" that this bunch of lefties are certain to have be protesting about cuts to.
On 9 Jun 2011 at 4:29pm cat in the hat wrote:
Just a bunch of tossers really. if they want to camp go to the woods and be somewhere nice, not some grotty school!

On 9 Jun 2011 at 5:24pm Mystic Mog wrote:
So 'SFB' and 'cat in the hat' are both happy that ESCC have left a perfectly good set of buildings be unused and be left get in a poor state of repair rather than get some income from them?
ESCC have behaved shamefully and have cost us the taxpayers much money by not getting an income from the buildings and letting them deteriorate.
The protesters have highlighted there inaction.
I suggest that both of you learn a bit about the history of this site (ESCC closed a respected and needed school) before spouting forth stereotypical childish views.

On 9 Jun 2011 at 8:17pm Deelite wrote:
Where's Mr Pedant when you want him?

On 9 Jun 2011 at 8:20pm Sfb2 wrote:
Very happy for the council to get some income by selling the land, but no doubt a new protest group will spring up against that

On 10 Jun 2011 at 7:43pm Phoenix wrote:
whatever you think of them, they have inadvertently highlighted the issue of what is going to happen to the land/school

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Assad farewell 6:132
Assad farewell

He runs this country in the current vacuum of effective leadership. It's a disastrous time for it to happen. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green
NCG