Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

St.Mary's Social Centre and more sites

On 15 Jan 2013 at 4:17pm Dancing Queen wrote:
I don't normally post on here but I thought people may be interested in this document. Pages 17 onwards list all the sites up for sale.

Check it out here »

On 15 Jan 2013 at 9:00pm Old Malling wrote:
Thanks - well worth a read (if only to check that they hadn't decided to build a couple of houses in my back garden......)
On 16 Jan 2013 at 9:24am Cllr Ashley Price wrote:
This document doesn't show what is up for sale - in fact, from doing a search, the words "sale" "purchase" and "buy" do not appear anywhere in the document.
As it states on the title page, it is an "assessment" of land availability for residential development. On page 3 it states (in bold) "The SHLAA does not allocate land for development". It goes on that the report "highlights the potential of land across the District for residential development"
On page 16 it states the table from page 17 onwards "provides a summary of the Deliverable and Developable sites, by parish."
Again, nowhere does it say these sites are up for sale.

On 16 Jan 2013 at 9:41am I don't live in lewes wrote:
... or not up for sale ... yet...
PhilX

On 16 Jan 2013 at 7:17pm Old Malling wrote:
Cllr Price - it lists sites that are "Suitable, Available and Achievable". Which would explain why my back garden isn't listed but St Mary's is.....

32 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Moving On parade 93:132
Moving On parade

We (the kondoms) are still regularly murdering cherished songs we grew up with! Few gigs lined up this year still to go and 5 or... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell