Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Spider invasion!

On 17 Sep 2015 at 10:33pm Tipex wrote:
I know the press report that we're in for unusually high numbers of spiders this autumn across the UK but they're wrong. They're ALL in my house!! Some the size of small hatchbacks and I swear one of them was whistling. I REALLY don't do spiders (which is a pity because they speak very highly of me).
On 18 Sep 2015 at 2:44am mutter wrote:
They're certainly not all in your house. I have a round up every night before bed and the other night collected 17!
Most nights it's only been maybe 6 - 10.
I don't think they're coming in from outside, and I'm sure they're too big to be newly hatched, but I can't sleep while I know they're sitting quietly on the ceiling waiting to creepily crawl all over me while I sleep.
On 18 Sep 2015 at 4:09am Fairmeadow wrote:
Nights are getting a bit cool so spiders (and mice) are moving indoors to keep warm. Spiders are our friends! They eat all the other nasty insects. That is how they get so big. If they weren't there, worry about what else would be. If you look carefully you will see there are lots of different types, with different specialties. None of them live on, or is a threat to, humans.

On 18 Sep 2015 at 6:44am miss popins. wrote:
spiders don't hide In tidy places, that's why you find them in dusty old sheds etc. De-clutter and clean regularly, hey presto... less spiders.

On 18 Sep 2015 at 7:09am Prezzo wrote:
Hey popinza ! Isa no spidas ina my kitchen.

On 18 Sep 2015 at 7:27am hateemspiders wrote:
Ha ha ha ha ha ha spiders are not coming in cause it's cold ,oh bless you ,they have spun their Web and then go in the hunt for mates , it's the females you normally get indoors !
They don't purposely come inside your home but they looking for as I said a mating partner

On 18 Sep 2015 at 4:21pm Fairmeadow wrote:
a mating partner, a.k.a. dinner
On 18 Sep 2015 at 6:47pm Belladonna wrote:
We have only had one whopper inside - but hundreds spinning webs in the garden. It's all rather lovely and a sure sign of Autumn
On 18 Sep 2015 at 8:51pm Tipex wrote:
There's currently a monster the size of a dinner plate playing a banjo and singing Old Man River in our bath.

On 19 Sep 2015 at 12:51am Bongo wrote:
Cans of Indorex help. Only about 8 online.

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Five Lewes Pounds 37:132
Five Lewes Pounds

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine