Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Southern water issues

On 12 Dec 2011 at 9:08pm Guido wrote:
Anyone else having water pressure issues in the Malling areas? Southern water are showing the following statement.
Updated 12/12/2011 15:20

The Lewes area of East Sussex
Customers in the Lewes area of West Sussex may experience interruptions to their water supply today. We are carrying out emergency investigations which may see supplies interrupted for short periods of time Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience during this time
Date: 12/12/11
Looks like they don't know east for west!

On 13 Dec 2011 at 12:04am BIG DRIP wrote:
Im in Malling, Water pressure has been down a couple of days now,
cant have a decent shower, i can wee faster.

On 13 Dec 2011 at 8:15am observer wrote:
It makes you appreciate the things that we take for granted, like Water, Gas and electricity. Spare a thought this christmas for the families in the third world countries that live without these commodities on a regular basis. Some big guy called in last night and apologised for the disruption and gave us some bottled water saying it should be back to normal in the morning and it is. It was blowing a gale last night and these guys were working through the night to get it sorted and they did. Well done guys and a big THANKYOU.

On 13 Dec 2011 at 10:09am observer wrote:
Spoke too soon it has just gone off again Grrrrr!

On 13 Dec 2011 at 11:42am Old Cynic wrote:
Yes me too, there were about 8 chaps looking into a manhole cover last night at about 9.15; three vans with flashing lights - two cars parked (leaving me no where to park grr) and not a jot of work going on - just standing around in the rain! The water had a sudden gush at about 10.00 and then has been pathetic ever since - I agree with Big Drip - could wee much faster!

On 13 Dec 2011 at 11:53am observer wrote:
Keep your fingers crossed its back on again. Yipee! lets have a cuppa.

On 14 Dec 2011 at 4:04pm Old Cynic wrote:
Well its back but not as good pressure as before

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

I'm grateful for Nevillman starting this discussion and being so generous as to refer back to me. My delay in saying anything... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine