Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Southern vs Thameslink

On 22 Apr 2017 at 5:07pm Holdthedoors wrote:
Does anyone know why Southern have replaced the ticket machines at Lewes with the inferior Thameslink ones?
I realise they are the same company and all but try playing that card on a Gatwick Express train...
I cynically assume it's because the Southern machines allowed you to save money by splitting tickets (it's cheaper to go UTL by getting single to Plumpton and then one from there to London). You can't do that on the new ones.
They really will do absolutely anything to screw their customers

On 22 Apr 2017 at 6:13pm Tango wrote:
Buy online then.
On 22 Apr 2017 at 10:19pm Psychiatrist wrote:
I have studied them closely and I have come to the conclusion that the board of Southern Rail ,derive a deeply unhealthy,in fact a perverse sexual satisfaction, from severely inconveniencing and annoying their customers.There can be no other conclusion In my opinion.
On 22 Apr 2017 at 11:06pm Will Elliott wrote:
The machines are indeed slightly more rubbish than the old ones (albeit in different ways).
You can, however, use a standard NR ticket on a Gatwick Express and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Unlike the Heathrow Express from Paddington which pretends not to be part of the National Rail network, the Gatwick Express is! They don't like it, but they can't stop you using it.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes antiques centre 53:132
Lewes antiques centre

How come the "Last Post" doesn't show up on the forum page? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right