Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Southern rail ticketing trial

On 7 Sep 2011 at 11:45am giveitarest wrote:
Don't know if anyone else had noticed, but there are some new card readers installed at Lewes station. I asked one of the inspectors this morning what they were about and basically Southern are trialling an Oyster card type system on the Brighton-Seaford line.

Found a link to the story here: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-14613508

The article says that in the fullness of time they may consider a carnet type system where you pay in advance like a season, but only pay as you use it. This would be a Godsend for anyone who works, say, three days a week.

Are any forum users taking part in the trial?

On 7 Sep 2011 at 1:06pm expat two wrote:
I saw a guy in London who had stripped the chip from his Oyster card and embedded it in a magic wand, so he could 'abracadabra' his way through the barriers.
Not sure if genius or disturbingly childish.
Former if inspired by Ali Bongo, latter if Harry Potter.

On 7 Sep 2011 at 5:21pm Pearlie wrote:
It's genius, for sure :-)

On 8 Sep 2011 at 10:56am demon wrote:
wont be when fule prices go up again cos there pass that on to the price soon

On 8 Sep 2011 at 11:03am Cliffite wrote:
Yes I am taking part in theKey trial

On 8 Sep 2011 at 1:10pm Clifford wrote:
Has anyone else noticed that after every Southern 'offer' the fares are nudged up a little bit more than they were before the offer? That's apart from the annual January increase.

On 8 Sep 2011 at 1:37pm Matt Kent wrote:
I'm one of the lucky(?) soles selected for the new 'Key' too. The trial will be for 3 months, and the trialees will get a slightly reduced ticket price too. Cheers - Matt

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

What is it with some people?
With their kid's education at stake, this numpty thinks it's a good idea to ask complete strangers... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington