Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

South Malling school in the 70's

On 1 Jun 2007 at 4:45pm Andy wrote:
With the risk of turning this forum into friends reunited....did anyone here attend South Malling primary in the 70's. I was there from around 1970-1977.
Lots of old names to remember, Mrs Pleasants (or Miss Robins before her) as head, Mr Tory, Mr Tuit (frightened the life out of me) Mr (windy) Miller, Miss Sutton, Mrs Rodgers, Miss Timlin, Mr Pratt.
Oh happy days

On 2 Jun 2007 at 8:52am expat wrote:
Mr. Tuit was my brothers maths teacher in the late 60's so he must have been REALLY scary by the time you got there! I went to Malling School but from early to late 60's.

On 2 Jun 2007 at 9:33am brad pitt wrote:
I left in 1965 and was taught by Mr Tory down at the old part which was Esso garage

On 2 Jun 2007 at 5:36pm Brung up in Malling wrote:
66 to 71 here. Mrs Beryl (not sure of the spelling)was my class 1 teacher. The hard chocolate cake thing and chocolate custard was my fondest memory. That and the very long skipping rope with half the school jumping in it. My Tuit scared me too!

On 2 Jun 2007 at 8:14pm madge wrote:
Yep I was at Malling School from 1960 and progressed to the Junior school by the Esso station. I remember we had to file up to the infants every dinner time. I remember Miss Penny etc, I was pain in the butt for Mr Tory and used to see Mr Tuit about in Ringmer regularly until a few years back. The conker tree and outside loos in the old school are strong memories LOL

On 4 Jun 2007 at 10:14pm expat wrote:
I remember being in class in the hall and the male teacher giving all the kids a miniature pot of honey from his bees. Can't remember much else except sports days, with the parents sitting on the bank and the smell and feel of the green bands we wore diagonally.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes 23:132
Cliffe Tableau 2015 Lewes

Look at the e-mail address. This person is licensed to kill ... you wealth. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the walk along the ouse to Hamsey church, the view from the top of the Castle, Pells pool, the antique shops and boot fair, the lion in the window of the 15c bookshop, keere street
BrixtonBelle