Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

South Downs National Park

On 7 Aug 2007 at 10:28am Miss Deameanor wrote:
Apparently we have 5 weeks left to comment about the inclusion/exclusion of Lewes from the National Park boundaries.
Does anybody know who we should contact?

On 7 Aug 2007 at 10:37am expat wrote:
Why would a town the size of Lewes be included in a national park? What constitutes a national park? Does it matter that it contains a Tescos?

On 7 Aug 2007 at 1:34pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
I would quite like to have ponies roaming the streets and oooh! those cattle grids when I go over them on my bike?

On 7 Aug 2007 at 2:56pm ExiledfromLewes wrote:
i doubt they will now change the proposed boundaries, I think they are going through the motions to appease public opinion in Lewes.

On 7 Aug 2007 at 9:25pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
I suspect that it is a foregone conclusion what will and what won't be included in the boundaries.
Apparently this "consult and ignore" policy is all the rage!

On 15 Aug 2007 at 8:32pm Ed Bassford wrote:
The consultation on whether Lewes Town should be in the National Park ended YEARS AGO. There was a Public Inquiry that considered all the comments and received evidence from both sides of the argument. The Inspector's report concludes that the town should be excluded. All that remains is for the Secretary of State to confirm that conclusion or reverse it.
The current consultation isn't seeking any more views on the matter. The only locations that are included in the consultation are areas that are newly suggested for inclusion in the National Park, which haven't been considered by the previous Public Inquiry.

On 15 Aug 2007 at 10:16pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
Ed - thank-you for your informative reply.
The only interesting information that I have found available on-line states that the Head of Planning at Lewes District Council opposed the inclusion of Lewes town.
Since when did the Head of Planning represent the people of Lewes? He wasn't elected into his position so why wasn't one of our elected councillors repesenting the towns interests (I may have just answered my own question!)

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

heading for extinction 43:132
heading for extinction

I didn't really follow this story as I think the Rooks should concentrate on the domestic competitions rather than try to compete... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like tea and faerie cakes on the Castle Green
NCG