Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

South Africa 2010

On 13 May 2010 at 1:36pm Down and Out wrote:
Just wanted to say, now that tiresome election nonsense is over, that I absolutely love the World Cup. Less than a month to go now and I can't wait.

For three years eleven months I'm you're typical open-minded woolly liberal, but for the other one it's just us against wretched Johnny Foreigner.

For three years eleven months I can't stand those over-hyped overpaid show-ponies and their idiot WAGS, but for one month they're stout English yeoman, leading us on the field of battle.

Bring it on. C'MON ENGLAND!

On 13 May 2010 at 4:28pm Clifford wrote:
Sorry, can't agree Down and Out. Now rugby, that's a different matter.

On 13 May 2010 at 4:57pm Rookie wrote:
I agree D&O. Much as I dislike pro football, pro footballers and all ghastly things that go with them (pay, hype, cheating, wags, diving etc etc) I do like the world cup and will be cheering for England until we get unceremoniously knocked out by a supposedly lesser team whose unknown players are earning two Kit Kats and a Fanta per week.

On 13 May 2010 at 7:16pm Stig of the dump wrote:
I will be cheering England and giving them my full backing now that smarmy, evil b*****d Terry isn't captain.

On 14 May 2010 at 8:59am Mr Patel wrote:
That reminds me. I must get england flags to sell in my shop. Buy for 20p, sell for £2.50. I love the world cup. Come on Pakistan, win the trophy thing.

On 14 May 2010 at 8:27pm Gooner wrote:
Rookie. How on earth can you watch that so called football they serve up at Lewes and then dismiss the real exponents of the game? the world cup will show the very best players in the world and what a genius they have with the ball. its a million miles away from the crap you watch and they are well worth the money they get paid as they entertain millions.

On 14 May 2010 at 9:01pm love wrote:
just enjoy the sport there is to much to worry about like the conservatives and what other things are they going to cut .

On 14 May 2010 at 9:02pm TDA wrote:
27 days 1 hour 57 minutes 31 seconds and counting. LOVE IT!!!

On 16 May 2010 at 10:37pm All Black wrote:
For Clifford and other rugby lovers, the 7th Rugby World Cup in 2011 will be held in New Zealand.

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle Sunset 64:143
Lewes Castle Sunset

Examining the activity of the sun and assessing its influence on the earth's climate may well provide entertainment to some Tom... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams