Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sodding work

On 29 Jun 2012 at 1:00pm Redundant Rose wrote:
I'm being made redundant in a few months, but right now I'm stuck in the office trying to pretend I give a toss about the company that is hanging me out to dry. They still expect us to attend late meetings, stick to impossible deadlines
Bar stewards...
Frankly, I'll be glad to escape the rat race. It's all a load of corporate toss

On 29 Jun 2012 at 1:22pm not from around here wrote:
I've been made redundant myself in the past and it is NOT a nice feeling - but, they are paying you so..
On 30 Jun 2012 at 2:07pm BiggerFasterOlderWiser wrote:
Rose, develop chronic back pain, then you can paid, p**s them off, enjoy the summer, find another job, take revenge!
Its a win win and virtually unproveable.

On 30 Jun 2012 at 8:18pm Peter Byron wrote:
Redundant Rose, they may (in fact I guarentee they) have done you a great favour getting rid of you, life is TOO SHORT, to spend time in one place, one job, with one interest or on one person, be grateful that fate intervened and you are having a new experience, good or bad it is better than being a battery fed hen. Good luck, trust in fate and relax. All will be well trust me. Peter Byron. August will be sunny I am told by a Met Weather Officer, so hope you are released before then.

On 30 Jun 2012 at 9:05pm grafter wrote:
Get a good reference from your boss asap. Whatever you do, do not take being laid off personally. One of the best things to understand is there are 168 hours in a week and you can choose how you use them to your advantage. Get away from" commiserators" as soon as you can and only associate with productive people who are aggressively hungry for work. If you let this affect your long term plan then you are being weak. See it as a challenge and an opportunity. I should know it happened to me when the company I worked for went bankrupt. No redundancy pay but I was earning more within 6 weeks.

On 2 Jul 2012 at 11:27am Taff wrote:
Sorry to hear this news Rose. I too was made redundant earlier this year and there is not much out there these days. But you have to keep positive.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Arms Lads 55:132
Lewes Arms Lads

You do know that it's 'its sage advisors'. No apostrophe required unless it's an abbreviation, or rather elision, for 'it is'.... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy