Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

So who is Maria Caulfield?

On 8 May 2015 at 9:33am Tipex wrote:
Well, now that we've got her, what do we actually know about Maria C? I only know that she doesn't live in lewes and is / was a nurse. Any predictions re what she'll want for the town?
On 8 May 2015 at 9:40am Clifford wrote:
What she'll 'want for the town' is for the town to vote for her again in five years. Ask not what the Tories can do for you, ask what you can do for the Tories' friends in the City.
On 8 May 2015 at 9:46am Tipex wrote:
I was hoping for ideas about specifically what she might do for / to lewes rather than general comments re the tories. Development? Infrastructure? Parking? Small businesses?
On 8 May 2015 at 9:49am Tipex wrote:
I was hoping for ideas about specifically what she might do for / to lewes rather than general comments re the tories. Development? Infrastructure? Parking? Small businesses?
On 8 May 2015 at 10:03am Jeff wrote:
What is her stance on the Phoenix site?
On 8 May 2015 at 10:15am Belladonna wrote:
Let's hope she supports all the small businesses on the estate and not the big corporate trying to decimate 450 jobs for profit....
On 8 May 2015 at 10:17am ducatipete wrote:
The person who kicked Norman into touch.

On 8 May 2015 at 10:31am Well wrote:
She is not MP for Lewes Town, she is MP for Lewes Constituency, of which Lewes is a small part.
On 8 May 2015 at 10:44am Clifford wrote:
Tipex - How could we possibly know what she'd 'want for the town' at this stage? All we can be sure of is that she supports the policies of the Tory party. Does that make her pro- or anti-Phoenix development, keen to sell of public property at bargain basement prices? Take a greater interest in the needs of the wealthy than the poor? You'll have to decide.
On 8 May 2015 at 10:48am ms_kitka wrote:
Well for one thing, SHE SUPPORTS FRACKING!!! And NHS PRIVATISATION!!! I am so depressed for the future of Lewes! A truly dark day
On 8 May 2015 at 10:51am ms_kitka wrote:
How do I know this? She said so at the hustings last last month - she and the Ukip candidate
On 8 May 2015 at 10:58am Red Ken wrote:
She's a Tory that barely knows where Lewes is. She has no interest in Lewes matters. We will barely hear from her again until she wants your vote again in 5 years time.
On 8 May 2015 at 10:59am Zzz.. wrote:
How can she support fracking and privatisation of the NHS when her web site plainly states her promising to:

Protect the countrsyide
Protect our villages
Protect the NHS

Check it out here »
On 8 May 2015 at 11:12am 'frack'strated wrote:
I can not help about specifics only what I read first thing this morning

Check it out here »
On 8 May 2015 at 11:15am ms_kitka wrote:
That is exactly what she said at All Saint's in Lewes last month! That she supports FRACKING and she certainly supports PRIVATISATION of large areas of the NHS!!!
Be depressed. Be very depressed.
Those of you who voted for her SHAME.
On 8 May 2015 at 11:15am PR Party wrote:
make A27 go faster
btw the wealthy have already just got wealthier this morning - look at shares of privatised industries - centrica, stagecoach etc.
On 8 May 2015 at 11:26am ms_kitka wrote:
Let the CARVE UP begin!
On 8 May 2015 at 12:00pm Floating Voter wrote:
God forbid what the outcome of the Lewes District Council Elections will be based on the GE outcome in Sussex.
On 8 May 2015 at 1:12pm Local wrote:
So, a lot of generous losers on here! Go and take down all those wonderful signs.
On 8 May 2015 at 1:15pm pleased wrote:
Listen to yourselves , you lost so stop moaning . the majority have spoken , you'll notice less people on this forum defending the conservatives because ...........there's a clue in the name ! they are generally people who don't have to bang on about everything , don't need to cover their houses in political posters in the hope it will carry any sway and are happy that the economic recovery of this country can continue . I shall look forward to your thumbs down. It will give you at least that small pleasure on this your most depressing of days .

On 8 May 2015 at 1:48pm bookworm wrote:
She wrote a book about the Battle of Lewes, for what it's worth.

Watch the video »
On 8 May 2015 at 2:26pm Humbert wrote:
Zzz..she says that, but at the same time she wants to pump huge amounts of money into a new train line from Lewes and more road infrastructure projects. Time to say goodbye to the countryside.
On 8 May 2015 at 2:27pm NowSeeWhatHappens wrote:
Ms Kitka, yes, those who voted for Maria - shame indeed, but greater shame to those who voted Labour, as they are the ones that have let her in, - in an area that they have no chance of winning, and knew they had no chance of winning. Where has the idea of the greater good gone?
On 8 May 2015 at 2:30pm wormeater wrote:
It's 48 pages long, hastily published last year after she'd been selected as a candidate - and likely mostly cribbed from Wikipedia and Tufton Beamish's book from 1965. The publishers produce vanity project books with small print runs, aiming to sell them as cheap ebooks. You can tell I'm not impressed can't you.

Check it out here »
On 8 May 2015 at 2:41pm ms_kitka wrote:
NSWHs I agree with you but we have a dreadful system that requires one to vote tactically instead of for the candidate of their choice
On 8 May 2015 at 3:07pm Please! pleased wrote:
How easy it is to speak. That doesn't mean there is much knowledge or understanding behind the words. Indoctrination via media sound bites works a treat. Everyone can voice an opinion. Advertising works so well and is lucrative because people fall for it.
I await to see if the Lewes forum bully boys stop bleating on about DFL, now that a 'down from god knows where' has been voted in as MP. I doubt it, that requires a lack of ignorance and joined up thinking that I do not see often in precious Lewes. Given there is so much prejudice about non Lewesians expressed in this forum one can only conclude that speaking doesn't require much of a brain or heart. I am not DFL, just shocked at the double standards.
On 8 May 2015 at 3:32pm DFGKW wrote:
DILLIGAF
On 8 May 2015 at 4:17pm townie wrote:
I don't know much about her but i'd certainly have a roll in the hay with Maria Caulfield
On 8 May 2015 at 5:00pm Saucy! wrote:
Townie, do you think you're in with a chance? Go on, do you? So that's how she got in, the dribbling ancients and gone beyond men led by their.... Prains.
On 8 May 2015 at 5:05pm Please! pleased wrote:
DFGKW... yes it does rather.
On 8 May 2015 at 6:08pm Sussex Jim wrote:
I think you will find she lives at Falmer: on the edge of the constituency. The point is -she has been elected. Give the lady a chance to interract with the community, and listen and perhaps sort your concerns.
On 8 May 2015 at 7:39pm Boris wrote:
I'm loving this, talk about licking your wounds.
On 8 May 2015 at 9:23pm Sussex Joan wrote:
Get it right Sussex Jim she lives in Kemp Town which I think you will find is in Brighton!

On 9 May 2015 at 2:52pm ms_kitka wrote:
Well we do know that the party she represents just completed the LARGEST SELL OFF IN NHS HISTORY! 780 MILLION pounds to just 11 firms. Who wants to bet at least some of them were BIG party donors?
On 9 May 2015 at 5:38pm joker wrote:
she is a conservative who is hell bent on fxxcking over the poor.
On 9 May 2015 at 7:39pm Please!Pleased wrote:
Daughter of Southern Irish immigrants, brought up in London, stood as candidate in Caerphilly, lives in Brighton. Joy oh joy Lewes Forum DFL Conservative bully boys. Got to laugh! I dare you

1 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

lewes penny 73:132
lewes penny

@Dreamer Perhaps the answer to your question why does TP trot out the same old rubbish, repeatedly, without the slightest... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the fact it's safe enough to leave windows open and shops don't need to put grills up at night.
Maddie