Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Snowdrop - part 2

On 17 Sep 2009 at 9:39pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
100% veggie restaurant? That would not do much for the carbon footprint of the pub would it?

I have no problem with a veggie restaurant as long as it sells bacon butties and juicy burgers - yum yum!

On 17 Sep 2009 at 10:47pm Janet Street Preacher wrote:
Are there really over 20 pubs in Lewes?
I can only think of 19
Snowdrop
Dorset
Gardeners
John Harvey
Volunteer
Lansdowne
Lamb
Lewes Arms
Royal Oak
Rainbow?
Elephant and Castle
Brewers
Pelham
Black Horse
Meridian
Kings Head
Swan
Tally Ho
Chalk pit

On 17 Sep 2009 at 11:57pm Bongo wrote:
Does the Newmarket Inn count?

On 18 Sep 2009 at 8:23am Bingo wrote:
The White Hart and the Crown don't count then?

On 18 Sep 2009 at 9:45am Carnivore wrote:
When did Tim and Sue take over the Snowdrop ?

On 18 Sep 2009 at 11:24am Mystic Mog wrote:
SOTP. Going vegetarian or vegan will reduce global warming....fact.
physorg.com/news4998.html
Make the Snowdrop vegetarian again. It is one of the reasons it was so good when Tim & Sue ran it.

On 18 Sep 2009 at 11:55am Carnivore wrote:
Sorry Mystic Mog, but when was it that Tim and Sue took over ? I thought it was during their time, but I accept I could be wrong about the roast dinners ! Would be interested to know in any case. Also, who was it that ran the fish restaurant over the road previous to that ? Wasn't that run by the Snowie as well? I remember the food was really good there too.

On 18 Sep 2009 at 12:45pm Mystic Mog wrote:
Fish restaurant - Tim & Sue
I asked Sue and the Snowdrop was always veggie when they ran it. Stopped being veggie when Darcy took over, despite him being a veggie.

On 18 Sep 2009 at 1:46pm Rozzer wrote:
Strange that in all this talk of veggies no-one has yet said 'Guardian' or 'sandals'. Come on you members of the Lewes BNP, get posting.

On 18 Sep 2009 at 2:02pm Lets Do Lunch! wrote:
Very funny Mystic Mog, but don't vegans HATE vegetarians?

On 18 Sep 2009 at 5:14pm Ian Eiloart wrote:
I first encountered the Snowdrop when I was a postgrad at the University of Sussex. A tutor on one course used to take some of us to the Snowdrop for lunchtime tutorials. It did excellent veggie food at the time, winning awards for it. It would be excellent to see something of that standard back in Lewes.
Apart from Chaula's, nowhere in Lewes has an especially good menu for vegetarians, and there's not one vegetarian restaurant open in the evenings. There's definitely a gap in the market there, even if its not exclusively veggie.
No, vegans don't (all) hate vegetarians. Not too keen on fish eaters that call themselves vegetarian, though!

On 18 Sep 2009 at 5:15pm Carnivore wrote:
Thanks Mystic Mog. Still don't know when Tim and Sue took over, but I was sure they were there when a group of us used to go there on sunday lunchtimes in the mid 90's for the roast dinners. It was certainly after the fish restaurant closed. Not trying to say you are wrong, its not something worth arguing about, am just trying to get it straight in my head ! Nothing wrong with veggie food either, some of the tastiest food I have eaten has been veggie - but I do like meat !!

On 18 Sep 2009 at 6:12pm Rozzer wrote:
Ian - you're right about what an award winner the Snowdrop used to be. It seems daft to have thrown away a reputation like that.

On 18 Sep 2009 at 8:21pm C Darwin wrote:
Get some nice meat inside you, some roast lamb or a bacon sandwich perhaps...it's what your canine teeth evolved for !

On 18 Sep 2009 at 11:18pm Spinster Of This Parish wrote:
LOL - I'd never thought of Vegans hating Veggies before - maybe the new Snowdrop will organise a jelly wrestling competition between the two?
I can't wait

On 19 Sep 2009 at 1:13am me wrote:
personally i vote for "death to ROZZER". Why? Creating a problem where there is none is an industry and these people are leeches are on society and have no other path than there own selfish "narrow mined " view on society". Your just not happy until some "ethnic Minority" is WRONGED!!!!!!!!! Most people get along when thrown together, the only people that create an "INTERNATIONAL INCIEDENT" is self righteous people who have no concept of compromise

On 19 Sep 2009 at 7:19am Rozzer wrote:
Me - shouldn't you be back at school concentrating on your spelling and grammar?

On 21 Sep 2009 at 4:51pm me wrote:
Nope!

19 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Brian_the_Snail_Lewes 14:132
Brian_the_Snail_Lewes

It's sickening to see how time time, money and energy went into destroying the Phoenix Rising campaign. On this forum, some very... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone
Nancy