Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Snow or no snow that is the question

On Mon 28 Jan at 2:36pm Malling resident wrote:
Thoughts anyone?
On Mon 28 Jan at 5:36pm Green Sleeves wrote:
Fingers crossed. Would be nice to have a snow day (or two). Appreciate it doesn't suit everyone, but I'm only asking the Snow God for one measly day!

Be prepared to stockpile supplies! Shelves in Tesco's and Aldi will be barren by tomorrow morning as the impending snow-doom hits us with its mighty 2cm of slush.
On Mon 28 Jan at 6:44pm Fluffy wrote:
Where’s the best place for sledging then? Whoop!
On Mon 28 Jan at 7:30pm Hyena wrote:
Paddock
On Mon 28 Jan at 11:22pm Clifford wrote:
Snow. Now, will that be 'because of Brexit' or 'despite Brexit'? Always hard to tell in middle class angst land.
On Tue 29 Jan at 7:52am Green Sleeves wrote:
@clifford, you normally blame Goldman Sachs for these kind of things.
On Tue 29 Jan at 7:55am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
The field at the top of the Nevill, the one that is alongside the gallops, is pretty good for sledging.
I'd be a lot more cheerful about the prospect of snow if they gritted the bus route on Nevill. I don't understand why they grit the Landport bus route but not ours.
On Tue 29 Jan at 11:28am Stephen Watson wrote:
I wouldn't hold your breath about snow, but if we do get some, a good place for smaller kids is the Landport Bottom pond field just beyond the allotments. It has a steep but not too long slope with a nice safe run-off at the bottom. If you go up the path from Firle Crescent towards Jill's Pond, beware out of control sledges coming the other way - it often turns into a fast but dangerous icy run.
On Tue 29 Jan at 9:44pm Malling resident wrote:
Here it comes

28 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:143
Harveys

All the argumentative types that were here, now moved there, posting under there own names ! Couldn't make it up ! No wonder... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington