Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Smiles

On 29 Jan 2017 at 11:54am Billy wrote:
Three cheery smiles from three different ladies this morning while out walking. More than makes up for the majority who just walk on by, head down.
On 29 Jan 2017 at 12:05pm Old Malling wrote:
Have you checked that your flies are done up?
On 29 Jan 2017 at 6:41pm Jennifer wrote:
Ugh! If a man not known to me smiles at me on a train or in the street, I find it incredibly creepy and deeply uncomfortable. He should keep himself to himself. What is wrong with simply maintaining a polite and private distance? We are taught, "A Gentleman never stares at a Lady in the street" and I think that is safest. It is a strict rule in society that, in meeting outside the home, it is the lady who recognizes the gentleman first, never the other way around.
On 29 Jan 2017 at 7:17pm Billy wrote:
Ha Jennifer. Exactly, and in each case this morning, it was the lady who smiled first!
On 29 Jan 2017 at 7:49pm Jo wrote:
I'd forgotten that my task as a woman is to smile whenever I am in public. Sorry, will endeavour to forget my own troubles in future and smile for you next time!
On 29 Jan 2017 at 8:16pm Billy wrote:
A smile costs nothing. Trouble is, people these days have either forgotten how to smile or have been brought up not to.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 10:01am Jennifer wrote:
I'm with Jo. The thing is this, Billy. If a woman who is a stranger made some expression toward you in the street, it is certainly because she was trying to defuse an offensive situation developing further because of something you did first. I am not a feminist, but merely stating fact. In future, carry a mirror with you and keep your pervy stares to yourself.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 12:07pm Toe Jam wrote:
Why are you focusing on women's smiles rather than smiles and smilers in general?
On 30 Jan 2017 at 12:34pm Man wrote:
I find it creepy and offensive when women smile at me. Why can't they keep their pervy stares to themselves. I am a man, not a piece of meat!
On 30 Jan 2017 at 1:00pm Billy wrote:
My original post was meant to be a positive statement and not pervy in any way. I am happy to receive a smile from anyone, shop assistants, people in the street, male or female etc etc. It just so happened that yesterday morning they were all from females.
On 30 Jan 2017 at 5:59pm Plankton wrote:
I agree billy, a smile is a lovely thing from anyone. Come on lewes, smile!
On 31 Jan 2017 at 12:18am Grumpy old man wrote:
I don't think the Jokers smile was very nice, but then again he probably doesn't live in Lewes, or does he? If you know where he lives....tell batman NOW!!!!

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Bill Lewes 10:143
Bill Lewes

It just bothers me that anyone thinks that they or the government have the right to tell me what I can put in my own body. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa