Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Smart phones are evil

On 31 Dec 2018 at 1:27am janet street preacher wrote:
They are the slippery slipe into oblivion
But you wonít realise that until itís too late.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 9:08am Nevillman wrote:
Can you develop your argument so that people do realise it before it is too late please.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 9:42am Green Sleeves wrote:
I'd assume they mean that smart phones are the scourge of society and some people are hooked on them. Which is reasonably accurate.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 11:28am Ferret wrote:
Information (and free access to it) is the enemy of tyranny. I would have thought that smart phones would be a force for good, as long as people are able to recognise fake news and propaganda.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 1:33pm Larkspur wrote:
I hate them. No one looks out of train windows anymore.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 11:06pm minxorcist wrote:
It's a disgrace!

On Wed 2 Jan at 9:38am Nevillman wrote:
Oblivion is the state of not being aware of what is going on around you so whether someone on a train in contact with the outside world on their smart phone is in more of a state of Oblivion than someone looking out of the train window or asleep is debatable. By calling it a slippery slope you are implying it is not a good thing which is also debatable. Personally I don't have a smart phone but quite enjoy the state of near Oblivion I get on a train from listening to podcasts and looking idly out of the window. I don't feel better or worse than someone who spends the whole journey on their smartphone. They could be doing anything on it. Who am I to judge? Noone has remotely persuaded me that smartphones are evil.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Where did you get that hat 135:137
Where did you get that hat

I see on FB Lewes Present everyone was having a right old laugh at Ringmer. Ok, I wouldnít want to live there myself, but itís... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right
Paul