Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Smart phones are evil

On 31 Dec 2018 at 1:27am janet street preacher wrote:
They are the slippery slipe into oblivion
But you wonít realise that until itís too late.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 9:08am Nevillman wrote:
Can you develop your argument so that people do realise it before it is too late please.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 9:42am Green Sleeves wrote:
I'd assume they mean that smart phones are the scourge of society and some people are hooked on them. Which is reasonably accurate.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 11:28am Ferret wrote:
Information (and free access to it) is the enemy of tyranny. I would have thought that smart phones would be a force for good, as long as people are able to recognise fake news and propaganda.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 1:33pm Larkspur wrote:
I hate them. No one looks out of train windows anymore.
On 31 Dec 2018 at 11:06pm minxorcist wrote:
It's a disgrace!

On Wed 2 Jan at 9:38am Nevillman wrote:
Oblivion is the state of not being aware of what is going on around you so whether someone on a train in contact with the outside world on their smart phone is in more of a state of Oblivion than someone looking out of the train window or asleep is debatable. By calling it a slippery slope you are implying it is not a good thing which is also debatable. Personally I don't have a smart phone but quite enjoy the state of near Oblivion I get on a train from listening to podcasts and looking idly out of the window. I don't feel better or worse than someone who spends the whole journey on their smartphone. They could be doing anything on it. Who am I to judge? Noone has remotely persuaded me that smartphones are evil.

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Cathedral 62:137
Lewes Cathedral

The fewer Brexiteers on the loose the better. What? Are you betting he isn't? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina