Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Small mindedness

On 5 Nov 2015 at 4:25pm Brewers Droop wrote:
Born and bred Lewesian. Father was local Physio, Mother local teacher and we were refused entry because the girl on the door didn't think we were locals. Of course we haven't frequented the pub on a daily basis over the last 3 decades but we have quite a bit over the years. But this really isn't the point. What an appalling advert for Lewes pubs when we can't get into a half full pub on a raining bonfire afternoon. Well done that lady on the door, thanks for making us feel so welcome.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 4:36pm Lewes lady wrote:
RAIN! Glorious! No Dickheads at 5am still chucking fireworks around residential streets.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 5:02pm Bang wrote:
This will stop the whinging lefties turning out which means the streets will be for Lewes people and the processions will hopefully be able to move about without the pissed up bewildered students clogging up the town . Could be the best fifth for years off out now enjoy coronation st
On 5 Nov 2015 at 5:14pm Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
It could be worse. It has just taken Mr C-T 45 minutes to get home from Hove, on a motorbike. The A27 is solid from Falmer bridge, and he got to the prison just before they closed the road.
You could be stuck in a car on the A27 with no chance of getting home before the small hours.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 5:25pm maggie wrote:
Bonfire brings out the worst in Lewes.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 5:31pm CatherineWheel wrote:
What could be worse than a damp squid..eh I mean pig!
On 5 Nov 2015 at 5:31pm The Twister wrote:
At least the bonfire society members won't need to moan on about the crowds that turn up. There won't be any crowds. They will be able to enjoy the relentless rain and mud to themselves. Good luck.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 5:33pm Just me wrote:
Why should pubs limit who they let in to the people who have frequented the pub over the last few years (or even months). Pubs can refuse entry to anyone on any grounds. Today you were refused based on not being a regular. Suck it up for today and become a regular tomorrow. Bonfire is a Saturday next year so best get the prep started tomorrow
On 5 Nov 2015 at 5:43pm Sparkler wrote:
It's a damp SQUIB,go to Brighton aquarium to see a damp squid.
On 5 Nov 2015 at 6:06pm The Twister wrote:
Brewers Droop- why did the girl on the door not think you were locals? Was it because your head was not sloped enough and your knuckles didn't reach the pavement?
On 5 Nov 2015 at 6:58pm Brewers Droop wrote:
She didn't recognise us as regulars. Smacks of clique if you ask me. But still that's not really the point. Let's just be welcoming to everyone. Drop the preconceptions for one sodding day in the year and live and let live. It's not difficult and it may open us up to meeting some lovely people from all sorts of backgrounds, could be a good thing. You never know !
On 6 Nov 2015 at 10:37am Bang wrote:
That's weird cos I walked down the town lunchtime and got in the Brewers fine I don't use it all but got in without question . Perhaps they thought that you were one of the many day trippers over for the day I'd complain to your mp lol
On 6 Nov 2015 at 11:30am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I think it's only fair to restrict access to regular clientele. I'd be really hacked off if I was a regular pub drinker and couldn't in my chosen pub on the 5th because it was full of people who rarely use the place.
The Gardeners and the Lewes Arms used to issue tickets to their regulars for the 5th, if you didn't have a ticket, you didn't get in.
On 6 Nov 2015 at 3:21pm astrid wrote:
It is a good thing that they limit the numbers for the pub. they have every right. and as you admitted you were NOT a regular. they don't want everyone traipsing in and out all night. It is not a big deal they are being responsible. it is immature to take it personally they are just doing a job!! leave them be.
On 8 Nov 2015 at 11:47pm Spicey T wrote:
I got a lovely pint of Bonfire Boy there at 4pm

22 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Meridian Line 72:132
Lewes Meridian Line

I would definitely suggest that Pancetta not bother to read it, the writer is not your type at all. Just vape another and float... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the forum and being able to respond to things I agree and don't agree with.
Clare