Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sleaze

On 8 Nov 2017 at 9:31am Mark wrote:
I won't be a political bore but, ye gods, Priti Patel's Wikipedia entry paints a picture of a seriously sleazy operator.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 11:10am Clifford wrote:
Hopefully, by the end of the day she'll have the time to go back to lobbying for British American Tobacco.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 11:44am Dexter wrote:
So far, the facts on Patel.
Self interested, morally redundant, a coward and a liar.
Anything else?
Flying the flag for the Conservative party.
I genuinely feel sorry for Theresa May if she too, wasn't so inept.
I have seen some rotten politicians over the years but this government really are the icing on the cake. This dangerous bunch of clowns & misfits are beyond parody and I have no idea where they are prepared to drag this country.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 3:42pm Hamid Barr wrote:
The mob's out.
Usual suspects.
Expect more of the Lewes self righteous brigade
On 8 Nov 2017 at 3:49pm Dexter wrote:
So the mob's out?
Does that detract from the facts?
On 8 Nov 2017 at 4:11pm Hamid Barr wrote:
The "facts" you've just posted up.
Deluded dimwit.
Bore off to Lewes for a skinny latte with the rest of the chattering classes
On 8 Nov 2017 at 4:26pm Dexter wrote:
You're right Hamrid.
Yet again, you've just won the internet with your crushing intelect and razor sharp name calling.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 4:46pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Usual response from the self perceived superior intellect of Lewes.
Any news on the "facts" you posted up or were they something you imagined.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 5:10pm detail wrote:
Could have done with a bit of detail on her to explain why.
Guessing that the self interest etc is because she started out working in the tobacco and alcohol industry as a lobbyist and PR person. In parliament she has backed the changes they want and will presumably have a nice cushy job in the industry after helping them out.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 5:23pm Pritti Things wrote:
I guess:
Morally redundant because she is an active & paid lobiest for British American Tobacco.
Self Interested, aren't many MP's? Simply look at what she has been doing.
A coward; because she ran a way from having to answer questions in parliament. She changed her flight to Kenya to an earlier one while the rest of her team stayed booked on the later flight that day. Coward!
A liar. Where do you begin? Nothing she has said over this issue has been coherenet. Despite several opportunities to clear this up, not one of her protracted disclosures have been the truth. Successive explanations have been contradicted by herself & others. That's lying in my book.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 5:44pm Pedro wrote:
I sense Hamid Barr may not chase up those facts again any time soon.....just lob over some baseless insults and be done until the next thread he can be combative on.

Lobbying for the alcohol and tobacco industries that cause hundreds of thousands of deaths per year, that alone should tell you enough about the character of the woman. I suppose it should come as no surprise she supports an apartheid regime as well. She is on the wrong side of history on LGBT issues as well, again, shocker eh? Voting against same sex marriage twice in 2013 in parliament, and absent for other significant LGBT related votes. She seems to not particularly like EU nationals either, voting against EU citizens already living in the UK now the right to remain here after Brexit. Doesn't particularly like young people either judging by her voting record...I won't call her out any further (but please feel free to review her voting record in full on the "theyworkforyou" website thats easily googled and draw your own conclusions from there).
On 8 Nov 2017 at 5:51pm BATman wrote:
How anyone could lobby for those 555 ciggies is beyond me - bloody awful things.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 6:09pm Red Ken wrote:
Yet another corrupt self-serving lying Tory caught red handed. Tip of the iceberg though. They are all at it.
And where is our glorious mp? I bet she has some skeletons hidden away.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 6:34pm Mark wrote:
@hamid Barr... Any chance of you saying anything that has any meaning?
On 8 Nov 2017 at 7:34pm Clifford wrote:
I see Eric Pickles is now saying Patel was forced to resign because her transgression involved Israel. The 'anti-Semitism' card always seems a popular one to play with charlatans, as if the ministerial code of conduct can be waived if Israel is involved.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 8:24pm endoftheouse wrote:
Would love to see her in a bikini in The Celebrity Jungle.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 9:14pm endof wrote:
@endoftheouse, you got a wide screen TV then?
On 8 Nov 2017 at 9:15pm Hot Lips wrote:
Do you think only Tory MPs are sleazy? Get real......

On 8 Nov 2017 at 10:18pm Closed borders wrote:
She looked very smug and smiley when she was driven away from Downing Street, 6 months off, then back to another government position, with money in the bank and winter in the sun.
On 8 Nov 2017 at 10:43pm Clifford wrote:
'Patel resigned at almost exactly the same time that Fallon did a week ago (7:30pm) - like a BBC series. Damian Green next?'

Just think how arrogant these sharks were earlier this year when they were expecting a three figure majority. The game is almost up, isn't it?
On 8 Nov 2017 at 11:05pm Pervy Pete wrote:
She could be as sleazy as she likes with me.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 11:04am Hamid Barr wrote:
The usual suspects have all appeared now.
Regulation whinging spiteful rhetoric
I read everything Pedro writes in the voice of Donald Duck on helium - gives it all the gravitas it deserves
On 9 Nov 2017 at 12:20pm Rabid Mars wrote:
Pot - Kettle. Weed - Helium. Why not go natural and gather mushrooms ?
On 9 Nov 2017 at 4:39pm Rabid Harm wrote:
"Regulation whinging spiteful rhetoric"
Ha ahaha hahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahahahah ahahahah ahahaaaaa
I can't laugh hard enough at the level of dim hypocricy
On 9 Nov 2017 at 5:31pm Hamid Barr wrote:
Another one turns up
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
On 9 Nov 2017 at 6:40pm Pedro wrote:
@ Hamid Barr - you're not offering any counter arguments in this thread, and just spouting teenage boy belligerence. You seem to be stuck in this mode. Lets see what you have beyond this - lets hear some of the tired old right-wing echo chamber stuff, as even that old tripe still beats petty insults.
On 9 Nov 2017 at 10:46pm Pot kettle wrote:
But that's what you do pedro. You just described yourself!
On 10 Nov 2017 at 9:26am Frak wrote:
So Hamid, I take it you don't care that the international development secretary is having unminuted meetings with countries of her choosing to negotiate who knows what?
Complaining about it though, god forbid, the cheek of some people.

9 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Barbican Lewes 7:132
Barbican Lewes

The repeated attempts to dismiss the covid-19 pandemic as just another flu outbreak ignores a key difference. Flu victims feel... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine