Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sky's the limit

On 4 May 2016 at 1:38pm Double standard yellows wrote:
Or the second day in a row a sky news van has parked on the war manorial all day , not tickets , according to a CEO , they have been given permission by the council and told not to ticket it , Why , No one else gets this special treatment , so appeal every ticket
On 4 May 2016 at 1:48pm Lewes Voter 3 wrote:
This is a huge exception to the rules that any ordinary person born and bred in Lewes would be made to pay for. I require an answer from the council as to whether or not this privilege has been charged for and how much has been charged. If I do not get my answer I will make a freedom of information request about it. There is no exception for media driving down from London for the day.

On 4 May 2016 at 8:08pm Thin yellow line wrote:
I don't really care if news vans get away with free parking but I really don't like the idea of anybody parking on the war memorial. It just feels completely disrespectful.

On 5 May 2016 at 8:13pm I spy wrote:
Yep all day today

On 7 May 2016 at 8:47am wanderer wrote:
maybe someone should have taken a photo an posted that to the sun etc for disrespect

On 11 May 2016 at 10:49am Murdoch wrote:
On the pavement today , I did try to ask the nice man in the van , but was greeted with I'm just doing my job , and I help put criminals away blah blah blah , not that he was now a law breaker , next time you get a ticket just say you were doing your job simples ,

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Castle from below 62:143
Lewes Castle from below

Extinction Rebellion, the ecological protest group founded in 2018, has initiated its “Summer Uprising”. Namely, blockading roads... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan