Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Skinny dip

On 23 May 2017 at 12:33am Luke maw wrote:
Who's up for a naked swim? X
On 23 May 2017 at 5:31am Helen wrote:
Now the evenings are warming up I'll be going to the Ouse near Isfield or maybe Cuckmere Haven if the tide is right.
On 23 May 2017 at 6:41am Blondie wrote:
The tide is high
On 23 May 2017 at 10:24am Zebedee wrote:
I used to swim in the Ouse a little above Isfield, at a place my son and I called the Gravelly Bank, just beneath the confluence of the Ouse and the Uck. I stopped when I discovered that 38 sewage treatment works drained into the Ouse and that at times of low flow in summer (like now) 60% of the water flowing through Barcombe Mills came from the SWTs. Since then I have become aware that it's not the sewage treatment works that often cause swimmers to become ill but the preponderance of cattle grazing on the banks... 10% of cattle poo is infected with e-coli 057, which persists in water and can make you quite sick.

I stick to rain-fed inland lakes and ponds now, ones without any sewage outlets anywhere near them.
On 24 May 2017 at 12:49am Luke m wrote:
Hi Helen and blonde, text me on 07919365893 x
On 24 May 2017 at 9:01pm Blondie wrote:
You must be dreaming. I'd just keep you hanging on the telephone in rapture, until you had an atomic eruption.

On 24 May 2017 at 9:30pm Luke wrote:
Haha.. really? Sounds like a promise to me. X

30 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Clouds 65:132
Lewes Clouds

Eddi: Amazon delivered your parcels to us today you've got the wrong address in your account.

Please let me know what you... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine