Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Skate park or Reed bed... You decide (not)

On 19 Jul 2004 at 11:28pm Smiler wrote:
I see they're spending £183,000 on a reed bed to keep the wildlife happy down by the river! Thats about £80 per frog.
Where the hell is the skate park???
Our youngsters deserve better than this.

On 20 Jul 2004 at 9:09am Public Opinion wrote:
Don't want either, leave the railway land alone.

On 20 Jul 2004 at 10:24am beatpod9 wrote:
the issue isn't whether we want a new skateboard park or not. Surely it's whether we want a new council. Anyway how many people do you see skateboarding around Lewes? 10-20 if that. Will a skateboard park really meet the needs Lewes youth? Maybe it will satisfy a few but what are you going to build for the rest?

On 20 Jul 2004 at 10:46am Smiler wrote:
What do you think youngsters in Lewes need?

On 20 Jul 2004 at 11:30am More Tea Vicar? wrote:
Why the choice between skate park or reed bed?
They're not connected issues.
Why not have both?
We already pay lots of Council Tax, but if there's none left over, why not Tax those posers that sit in the road sipping tea surrounded by crap outside of that jolly greengrocers at the foot of Cliffe Bridge... ... ...
PhilX

On 20 Jul 2004 at 11:34am Janet Street Sweeper wrote:
Speaking of posers, has anyone been to the Long Room?

On 21 Jul 2004 at 1:58pm BeatPod9 wrote:
In no particular order:
a. A balanced mixture of imagination and discipline. b. Adults to encourage youth participation in local clubs.
c. Networked PC/games consule gaming events.
d. The council to install wireless network (such as that introduced across the whole of County Durham!!!) which costs a fraction of BT's efforts.
e. Channel 5
f. Events aimed at a youth audience!
g. Non ego based Sports!?! ie whatever happened to Sports for All.
h. How about a Music Festival with acts such as Girls Aloud, McFly or maybe Slipknot judging by some of the streetwear.
Why aren't these things already happening? Face it, Lewes is an adult town, dominated by commuters, vocal minorities and university staff.

On 21 Jul 2004 at 2:19pm Smiler wrote:
I like point a. and agree with you on b, d, f and h.
Starfish organise 5 or 6 music gig/festivals a year showcasing local talent. There was a music festival a few years back in the field behind Tescos but it was incredibly badly publicised and consequently under attended.
Taking you other points, I don't think getting youngsters to spend more time inside in front of computers or TV to be the answer at all. It just seems too introverted to me. They need to be out, finding their voice in this community.

Why don't BT install the wireless networks if its much easier for them?

On 21 Jul 2004 at 3:43pm Beatpod9 wrote:
No, but I've heard the service is slack.

On 23 Jul 2004 at 7:41pm customer wrote:
just been to the long room today. to call the service slack is a little unfair. Confusing maybe but slack no. serve a top cup of coffee in a rather pleasant surround.

On 7 Sep 2004 at 10:19am Smiler wrote:
They seem to have ironed out the teething problems now
Great food great atmosphere, patio needs work tho'

On 11 Oct 2004 at 11:48am Razieluk wrote:
Has anyone visited the Chalk Pit Inn since the new owners came in? My wife and I have been in three times since and each time the service/food has got worse.
For a start they have a sign on the door saying No Dogs Allowed but their own boxer dog is only semi-controlled and is often going round where people are eating.
Second, a minor was behind the bar. Admittedly not serving, but it doesn't inspire much confidence when you walk in and see a young teenager or pre-teen behind the bar.
Finally, when the food was served the gravy was spilt into my wife's lap and staining her trousers. When we ordered pudding items that were shown on the chalkboard (so they could have been rubbed off) were not available and when I got my bread pudding and custard the custard was cold.
Other small things included not being given another napkin with our spoon and fork for the pudding.
So, we won't be going back there again.

On 11 Oct 2004 at 11:49am Raziel wrote:
Sorry, just realised this in the wrong section.
My apologies.
Raziel.

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Infernal reflections 46:132
Infernal reflections

Usually buy hemp flowers in Berkshire CBD more