Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Sinister Lewes Bonfire Wicker-man Cult?

On 22 Aug 2010 at 5:16pm Intrueged Citizen wrote:
I've recently moved to Lewes with my wife and kids and so far it seems to be a calm, peaceful place but recently I've been told that every bonfire night, certain people not classed as 'Lewesians' are elected to be burnt on bonfire night by the Lewes people every year. Apparantly the whole of Lewes is in on this big dark secret and has been for the past 200 years!? 'What goes on in Lewes stays in Lewes'... creepy! Some one please reassure me this is not true.

On 22 Aug 2010 at 5:40pm Harold wrote:
Its true Ive seen allsorts burnt ,
these include, Mickey Mouse, The Honey Monster and George Bush to name but just three of the comical ones,I think you will be safe my friend dont worry
Ps try popping up to nevile bonfire a week or so before the night of the 5th to reasure we are not after you in anyway.
Being serious Bonfire is about rememberance of times past when the ppl of England did not have the freedoms we have today.
This is most seen at the war memorial where a firey banner 'LEST WE FORGET' is carried, this remembers all the dead of wars and conflicts of all types and later with another 'WE WON'T BE DRUV' this saying you can't stop our freedom, we will fight for it.

Have a good one all , not long to go now

On 23 Aug 2010 at 8:08am 'ere be monsters wrote:
WE WUNT BE DRUV ...get a grip!

On 23 Aug 2010 at 8:52am Peter and Boon-Nam wrote:
I would find it a hoot to be the chosen one to be put on the bonfire, what fun, any chance it could be me this year my friends? Certainly make my exes smile I can tell you! Have a super day all. Best, Peter and Boon-Nam PS And believe me you wouldn't need firelighters ha ha!

On 23 Aug 2010 at 2:44pm Hoodie Hugger wrote:
Peter, we'd have to figure out what you look like first!
That was David P Smith's major mistake - having his photo taken and printed in the papers. I Expect there'll be one or two papermache versions of him on Nov 5th.

On 23 Aug 2010 at 4:15pm Peter and Boo wrote:
Better looking than ol Smithy I can assure you of that, although that is not saying much I know, ha ha, Best to you Hoodie, Peter B-)

On 24 Aug 2010 at 8:25am 'ere be monsters wrote:
What would you know about the run up to the 5th HH?

On 25 Aug 2010 at 1:22pm me wrote:
I wonder !

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Downward dog 33:132
Downward dog

I love that. "We don't actually need another leisure path". We are not exactly overwhelmed with leisure paths suitable for... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Believe you can or believe you can't... Either way you're right
Paul