Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Should I give to the Lewes beggars?

15
8
On 19 Mar 2019 at 10:53pm pauline wrote:
Apparently not...

Check it out here »
4
24
On 20 Mar 2019 at 10:09am Tommy wrote:
They've got to pay for their salaries somehow!
14
16
On 20 Mar 2019 at 2:13pm pauline wrote:
Do you mean the salary of the homeless campaigner Tommy? If so do you have another view to share?
7
24
On 20 Mar 2019 at 3:22pm Tommy wrote:
This man puts it much better then I would

Watch the video »
25
29
On 20 Mar 2019 at 5:26pm Biggles wrote:
Have you been to Brighton lately. What an absolute dump of a city it has become with druggies begging on almost every street corner. If you want Lewes to become the same then by all means give to the scumbags. They don't even deserve your pity as their plight is generally self inflicted. When you take drugs or drink alcohol for breakfast your going to find it tough to hold down a job and pay the rent. Morons.
5
19
On 20 Mar 2019 at 6:19pm pauline wrote:
It's a funny and cautionary video. Trouble is i believe the video and the campaigner so I won't give to either. I will vote for a government that says they will improve the housing situation however, if that's even possible any more.
17
10
On 21 Mar 2019 at 8:38pm Tipex wrote:
Biggles - the majority of homeless people have an extensive (and well-proven) history of abuse, rejection, addiction and / or domestic violence. Self-inflicted? Really? Maybe your superior finger-wagging helpfully distances you from them but the reality is that it could so easily be your dad, mum, sibling, child. Just because you say it's simple doesn't make it so.
6
9
On 23 Mar 2019 at 6:08pm Earl of Lewess wrote:
I read a very good article by a young woman who used to be homeless. In short, she said that we shouldn't give money to beggars, as it perpetuates their cycle of addiction and actually held her back from dealing with her problems. However, we should donate to homeless charities like St Mungo's, which helped the article's author get off drugs and begin getting her life together.
6
9
On 23 Mar 2019 at 6:32pm Hugh Janus wrote:
Housing them won't do anything, they will just become neighbours from hell for someone and become a crack house or shooting gallery. Give them an insentive to ask for help and get clean....
5
8
On 24 Mar 2019 at 10:05pm Tipex wrote:
Hugh - homelessness isn't always about not having accommodation. Many homeless people don't believe they deserve a home. It's about so much more but ignore the facts if it gets in the way of your smug finger-wagging.
6
5
On 25 Mar 2019 at 10:00am Tommy wrote:
@Tipex - Don't cite your sources 'it gets in the way of your smug finger-wagging'
2
5
On 3 Apr 2019 at 8:13pm That bloke wrote:
A nice unbiased view from a lifelong teetotaller whose position should give him more insight than to make such simplistic statements.
Not giving money will not stop addiction but it might make people choose crime or not eating


25 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

English view 35:132
English view

I don't understand what you mean by "I don't understand". more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa