Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Shoreham Airshow

On Fri 8 Mar at 9:20pm Bert wrote:
Surely, if I was driving on the motorway and was responsible for causing an accident that directly killed 11 people, I'd be found guilty, even maybe with mitigating circumstances. But flying a plane, I'd be innocent ? I'm dumbfounded. Discuss
On Fri 8 Mar at 11:14pm Local99 wrote:
Even in this day and age, accidents can happen. Simple. Tragic, but simple. I know it's hard to believe in a world where lawyers have convinced almost everyone that there's always someone to blame.
I'm reminded of the staggering statistic that (part of) the NHS recently spent 300m on back surgery, and 100m on associated litigation.
On Sat 9 Mar at 7:12pm Sussex Jim wrote:
I have to say that, tragic that it is that 11 people have been killed, this story has been given disproportionate media coverage over the last four years. Culminating with the local BBC news last night, when entire program was devoted to the historical events yet again.
How many other air crashes where pilot error is to blame, with 100 plus passengers killed, have received so much attention? Now, I understand, individual inquests are to be carried out on the victims. Dragging the suffering of the bereaved even longer.

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

The Elly Angel 119:137
The Elly Angel

I hear that the 12 year old rover parked on the D permit space for several weeks at a time had a note attached to it this morning... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The great thing about the Lewes Forum is it's up to date and lively, you don't have to wait a month to get out of date news
Clarissa