Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Shared Secrets

On 9 Jul 2012 at 10:06am SHS wrote:
Yet more code-words to remember & I wonder how much of our money was spent dreaming up the scheme & then implementing & maintaining it? (HMRC website for those not up to speed).
Time until catastrophic failure followed by total U-turn on 'doing everything on the web': 1,122 days.

On 9 Jul 2012 at 1:19pm Cheeky Monkey wrote:
My children's school wanted to fingerprint them so they can take books out of the library. I refused and the ensuing confusion was wonderful to behold. Government employees don't question anything its seems and just "implement" dictats from above.
You're right, it will self destruct and the IT bill will be huge, millions and millions wasted again. Is it Capita who do the HMRC IT Projects?

On 9 Jul 2012 at 2:12pm Clifford wrote:
I've had a bill through the post for HMRC for 10p. They say I can either pay it online or leave it till the next self-assessment. It really is hard to decide.

On 11 Jul 2012 at 2:25pm Sussex Jim wrote:
Send them a cheque for 10p. Do not put a stamp on the envelope- write "On Her Majesty's Service" across the top. Quite legal, and gives one a sense of satisfaction.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Kingston Windmill 51:132
Kingston Windmill

Any thoughts idm? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell