Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Severe weather warnings

On 2 Mar 2018 at 12:22am Popeye wrote:
Why are the warnings we get of severe weather never ever justified?
On 2 Mar 2018 at 8:11am We'vehadourfun wrote:
I drove to Rottingdean last night on the Falmer Road. The gritter in front if me drove all the way up that road from the a27 without the gritter running. This was only switched on at the border with Brighton near the top of the hill! With this sort of council logic, it's no wander we are completely screwed as a country.
On 2 Mar 2018 at 8:21am Slarty wrote:
@ We'vehadourfun
The grit runs out of a lorry. If every lorry gritted from the depot then places further away from the depot would never get grit. Does that logic work for you?
On 2 Mar 2018 at 8:27am Towney wrote:
We're screwed as country because the gritter switches its grit off. Now that's up there with the best Bwahahahaha.
On 2 Mar 2018 at 8:55am We'vehadourfun wrote:
Why drive a gritter up a hill that needs gritting only to start at the top of the hill. No depot near by. Towney, are you drunk?
On 2 Mar 2018 at 9:19am Tom wrote:
How do you know it wasn't doing it on the way back?
On 2 Mar 2018 at 9:25am We'vehadourfun wrote:
The dispenser is on the off side so it covers both at same time.
On 2 Mar 2018 at 9:32am Slarty wrote:
@We'vehadourfun
Perhaps if it started before the top of the hill it would not have had enough grit to complete its route, leaving people elsewhere stranded. Another gritter may have been along shortly to do that stretch of road. Gritters have to deal with the county, not just the bits of road you want to drive on.
Now, you say that bit of road needed gritting. I assumed from what you say you got through the road OK, as did the gritter lorry. Are you sure it NEEDED gritting? Could it have waited, say for another gritter to come along in a bit (which I expect is what happened)?
On 2 Mar 2018 at 10:01am Bob wrote:
It is a good job the gritter drivers are not school teachers otherwise, there wouldn't be any gritting!
I think the gritters and the bin men and the postie and many others have done brilliantly this week. Thank You.
On 2 Mar 2018 at 10:35am @slarty wrote:
Can I have this week's lottery numbers please and when will cancer be cured? I only ask as you seem to know everything about a situation you were nowhere near. Thanks

27 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Harveys 42:132
Harveys

What happened to the direct train to Ashford? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde