Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Seven Sisters

On 27 Aug 2010 at 12:39pm Canoeman wrote:
I've seen a few visitors to Cuckmere Haven or walking the Seven sisters who look bemused as to why it is a beauty spot. Why are there no directions for tourists on how to get to the best viewpoint of the Seven Sisters?

On 27 Aug 2010 at 12:45pm Old cynic wrote:
Its bloody obvious why its a beauty spot - what do they need a sign for!!

On 27 Aug 2010 at 12:59pm TAFKAPS wrote:
Clearly these people need more than a sign! How about involuntary euthanasia? Sometimes it makes you think that evolution and survival of the fittest is a nonsence!

On 27 Aug 2010 at 2:41pm Piggles wrote:
What is the best viewpoint canoeman? There always seems to be plenty of people enjoying the walk along the river when I go. Am I missing the best bit?

On 27 Aug 2010 at 3:29pm canoeman wrote:
The best view of seven sisters is on the headland above the coastguard cottage. This gives a view of the seven sisters which is what most tourists want to see. Just walking onto the seven sisters themselves or going to cuckmere haven does not give this. If we want to be helpful to visitors from the UK and abroad i think we should have signs directing them there.

On 27 Aug 2010 at 6:31pm Old cynic wrote:
Oh come on, what tourists want is a flat walk with a cafe at the end! those with half a brain cell will recognize you have a climb to get the best views.

On 27 Aug 2010 at 6:44pm Down and Out wrote:
There's a pretty village in Devon, I forget which one, which built a Visitor Experience Centre a few years ago. I find it immeasurably depressing that we live in a world where people are so stupid that they have to have somewhere nice to visit packaged up and labelled so that they understand how to appreciate it.
What are we supposed to put at Cuckmere? Another bunch of signs and a little platform that says, 'Stand here to get the best view?

No, thanks.

On 28 Aug 2010 at 11:26am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Best view is when you're coming home from France. When the Seven Sisters comes into view I have a lump in my throat. Think how The Few felt as they were coming home.
They came 3rd in a recent nationwide survey to find the most iconic views in the country. Should have been first.

On 29 Aug 2010 at 5:38pm Canoeman wrote:
I wouldn't like a visitor centre but some sign placed at the car park and by the Golden Galleon to point out to visitors the area where the best view is does not seem unreasonable. I have seen several foreign visitors who did not know where to go. Do we not have some kind of responsibility to try to help visitors have a good time while here?

On 29 Aug 2010 at 10:04pm brixtonbelle wrote:
@EBM - what were 1 and 2 ?

On 30 Aug 2010 at 8:53am 'ere be monsters wrote:
Two of the lakes in the Lake District.

On 30 Aug 2010 at 9:30pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Cripes - I don't think I could identify Windermere from Loch Ness. Seven Sisters definitely more iconic, I agree EBM.

On 3 Sep 2010 at 1:56pm DFLFROMHELL wrote:
It was Wasdale Head - the nation's favourite view. I love the Seven Sisters, but Wasdale is a different league altogether.

View the picture »

24 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter 26:132
Cliffe Tableau Sepp Blatter

Yup. You wait and wait for an interesting post these days. It's all Zuckerberg now. It's a shame because this was a genuinely... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.
Oscar Wilde