Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Seen false widow last night

On 3 Oct 2015 at 1:01pm James anonymous wrote:
I live at the top of Lewes near the prison. I was just closing my window to go to bed when I sw a huge spider that I've never seen before. It had white and black markings around its back.
I went on Google to look at photos of British spiders. I saw the picture of the exact spider that I saw. It said false widow and was believed to bed all around the south of our country.
Watch out Lewes

On 3 Oct 2015 at 1:03pm the kronic wrote:
Got loads of them in the conservatory. Common as anything and absolutely fine if you leave them alone !!!
On 3 Oct 2015 at 7:49pm Early doors wrote:
Ooh, he's got a conservatory!
On 3 Oct 2015 at 9:23pm sceptic wrote:
Opened up my laptop last night and loads crawled out. They were probably surfing the web.
On 3 Oct 2015 at 11:48pm Meic wrote:
We have them in the Pells area. But false widows are not "huge" - about the size of an ordinary autumn aranea garden spider.
On 4 Oct 2015 at 8:20am Lucky escape wrote:
Told me she was a widow - then her Old Man walks in. He was huge, but not quick like me - phew!

On 4 Oct 2015 at 8:17pm carmen wrote:
false widows have been recognised resident in this country since around 1900 give or take a decade. and the they are very frequently seen throughout the town however most people just ignore them as they are such a usual site at this time of yr , they are amazing for keeping mosquito's out of your homes perfect spider to have inhabiting the windows, granted preferably on the outside
On 4 Oct 2015 at 10:21pm shifty wrote:
Due to Daily Mail hype everyone thinks these are a new breed to the UK. They have been a common sight in the country for many many years. Don't panic people, its only a spider!

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Clouds 65:132
Lewes Clouds

it means in a large quantity more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like it when people find lost stuff on the forum