Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Secret parking place

On 26 Sep 2012 at 4:48pm Parker wrote:
If you are fed up with driving round looking for a parking space in Lewes, just park your car on the pavement in Cliffe High Street. Any time of the day, just leave your car there. Go off shopping, take your time, have lunch, meander back to your car and...Hey presto! It will still be there, it wont have been towed away and you wont even get a ticket or a fine. why not give this unofficial car park a try, everyone else seems to!

On 26 Sep 2012 at 5:14pm jo wrote:
parker you new to change your name to the ticket person !

On 26 Sep 2012 at 7:51pm uckers barry wrote:
turn your backs on lewes altogether free parking all day every day in uckfield do your shopping and catch a film weve got a lovely cinema

On 26 Sep 2012 at 11:05pm the old mayor wrote:
Yes, and if you have a disabled badge you can park outside and run your shop all day every day !

On 27 Sep 2012 at 12:17am Georgina Bassey wrote:
Is this thing working?

On 27 Sep 2012 at 9:21am Bryan the Ferry wrote:
Isn't the new construction, opposite the brewery, the long-awaited multi-storey?

On 27 Sep 2012 at 11:57am ANTIQUE PIRATE wrote:
YARGH!!! Multi-storay!?!?!
Noooooh!
It be a new anteekee shop, the tat is expanding!!

On 27 Sep 2012 at 9:00pm Sussex Jim wrote:
There is free parking in all Wealden District; thanks mainly to my late father and one other district councillor making a huge effort to overturn the Liberal plans for charging, about 20 years ago. Wealden means Hailsham, Heathfield, Crowborough, Wadhurst, Polegate; plus all the villages. And Uckfield, a victim of its own success, as parking is hard to find.
Don't abuse it , observe the time limits, and long may it continue.

On 28 Sep 2012 at 1:00am Dave wrote:
How is it that people can park for free for as long as they like in a pedestrian precinct?
I though one of the ideas of Living Cliffe was to reduce traffic down Cliffe High St.
Who should be sorting this out?

On 28 Sep 2012 at 7:17am Annette Curtin-Twitcher wrote:
I'm guessing people are overstaying on the loading bays, but I'm blowed if I know how they get away with it.
Mind you, the florist that used to be where Lewesiana is now used to have their van on the loading bay all day long, whether they were loading or not.

On 28 Sep 2012 at 10:52am Southover Queen wrote:
It's a mystery. The other mystery is how many vehicles are completely exempt from normal rules which prohibit through traffic. It seems to apply in particular to large 4x4s and - for some reason - new Minis. You're fine unless you choose the one day in living memory when the police set up a trap and ticketed everyone...

On 28 Sep 2012 at 7:47pm brixtonbelle wrote:
I get really peed off at all the people who drive down Cliffe High St from the car park. It's just becoming a cut through. Plenty of them 4X4's or yummy mummy types who think they bloody own the place.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Arch Bishop burning 4:132
Arch Bishop burning

Talk about misappropriation! The Rockefeller report that TP referenced is available for all to read. It envisages future... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
The Lewes Forum is one of the many great things about Lewes
Nina