Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think


Lewes Forum New message

Seal in the Ouse

2
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 11:10am Webbo wrote:
Photographed by Betts just down stream from The Snowdrop
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 11:29am MC wrote:
It seems to have taken up near permanent residence in the Ouse now then. It's been here for at least three months year. It often spends it's time basking on this jetty but for the last week or two spent it's been see a bit a bit further upstream between Hamsey and Lewes.
You have to wonder if it's here because there's no longer sufficient food for it at sea and the Ouse provides richer pickings (which is possibly the same reason that cormorants are increasingly becoming at home inland).
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 12:55pm Toque wrote:
Where's Adamski?
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 1:07pm Stig of the dump wrote:
Dear dear, that was a..................killer B-)
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 2:18pm Toque wrote:
At least it wasn't a joke about that gunman on the run in the North East of England....because there's nothing Raoul Moatly funny about that.
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 3:05pm from crawley wrote:
That's a beautiful photo by Betts
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 5:07pm Down and Out wrote:
Toque - I heard that the police have offered a £10k reward for anyone who spots the gunman. And if they don't catch him this weekend it'll Raoul over to 20k.
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 5:32pm MuttsNuts wrote:
he's feeding on sea trout coming up the river. one was caught last week with seal damage. Very few making it up this year. plenty of Mackerel down at the coast for him.
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 6:23pm MC wrote:
Oi, dogs breath... just cos you haven't managed to catch a sea trout this year doesn't mean it's the seal's fault! :-)

The mackerel have come inland but where are the bass?
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 11:40pm MuttsNuts wrote:
No but yeah but. your right, no, but in a kind of spooky way you're wrong too. Quite obviously comparitively very few mackerel have made it inland, however the seal has. No I haven't had an ST yet but I had 2 good offers which I cocked-up. I don't dislike the seal much but I wish he'd sod off back to essex where he belongs and stop eating our lovely fluffy cygnets. On the bass front, I've had acouple but I haven't been seriously going for them but I will now you've mentioned it. I challenge you to a contest - kayaks and fly rods at Pagham. Cheers!
 
 
On 9 Jul 2010 at 11:44pm wrote:
You're on. Btw. Any idea what seals taste like?
 
 
On 11 Jul 2010 at 9:01am jonnyboy wrote:
Large numbers of grey mullet by Cliffe bridge. Maybe that's why she's there.
 
 
On 11 Jul 2010 at 9:35am MC wrote:
Can you tell from the photo that the seal is a she? Is the sex of it confirmed?
 
 
On 12 Jul 2010 at 10:06am David Attenborough wrote:
Check if it smells of fish.....
 
 
On 12 Jul 2010 at 11:47pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
It's obviously a girl. Look at those eyes.

Plus no dangly bits.
 
 
On 13 Jul 2010 at 12:14pm jonnyboy wrote:
I've posted a couple of videos of her on YouTube. Just search for Seal Lewes.


21 posts left

Your response


You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms


 

Harveys 42:143
Harveys

And further ER hypocrisy in the Pells this week, with a two-car household demanding that ESCC stop funding climate change.
You... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine