Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Scaffolding Fisher St

On 20 Jul 2016 at 10:50am Pole wrote:
Does anyone know how long the scaff on the town hall is going to be there for? It must have been up for a year or so already I think.
On 20 Jul 2016 at 4:06pm Juan Hoo Asked wrote:
It only seems that way - it went up in the middle of December as a safety feature as tiles were dropping into the street. This week the job to re-roof started - it had to wait for planning permission according to the Receptionist. assembly Rooms and Corn exchange both being done - a few weeks to complete
On 20 Jul 2016 at 5:15pm Julio Inglesias wrote:
It will take forever and ever.
On 20 Jul 2016 at 11:02pm Meldrew wrote:
Usual stuff. Council puts/gets up scaffolding on publically owned building. Has to be done just right. So many safety yellow bits so that ground-hugging dachshund doesn't get hurt. But of course that's how it should be. The difference is that this is paid for out of the Council Tax, so if it stays up for weeks, so what. Not forgetting the risk assessment, environmental impact etc. etc. It's the same reason that Southern Water and their contractors Cappagh Browne are allowed to take as long as they like to fix a sewer leak. "Job's worth" comes to mind.

On 21 Jul 2016 at 12:52pm Juan Hoo Asked wrote:
when i owned a listed building i was told that not waiting for the proper permission was a criminal offence.
On 21 Jul 2016 at 6:03pm Julio vs. Meldrew wrote:
6 thumbs down vs.2 thumbs down . For saying (singing) the same thing. Why ? Sadly I dooo believe it.

31 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Brian_the_Snail_Lewes 14:132
Brian_the_Snail_Lewes

I'm not completely sure of the relevance of this information tom. The study of the money supply is of interest to some but as... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine