Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Saritas in North Chailey-Worst Cafe in Sussex!

On 3 Sep 2007 at 11:39pm Manami wrote:
Recently ate at Saritas which is in North Chailey. The food was reasonably priced, but only because it was so terrible, I think. I had a limp and lifeless cheese and pickle sandwich.... something you would think would be easy enough to get right but something was very amiss as the pickle had a very strange taste to it. My husband tried it too and agreed. I mentioned this the waitress who was rather rude despite my polite enquiry. What was unbelieveable though was when the owner then came out huffing and puffing proclaiming loudly "I just tasted that pickle and there's nothing wrong with it!!!!" I was speechless. My husband calmly asserted that we both thought it tasted unusual, to which we received a barrage of abuse. I don't think this establishment really understands anything about customer service.... or any kind of service to be honest. Really it's depressing that places like this still exist in this country in 2007... Only visit if you'd like to be abused.

On 4 Sep 2007 at 5:45am expat two wrote:
Its worth knowing - but isn't that potentially libelous?

On 4 Sep 2007 at 9:49am Mis Deameanor wrote:
I'm more concerned about the verbal abuse and shall certainly not entertain using that establishment.

On 5 Sep 2007 at 9:13am TYhe Tooth Fairy wrote:
'potentially libelous'? Almost all this forum is 'potentially libelous'. It would be a bit dull if it wasn't.

On 5 Sep 2007 at 3:00pm ExiledfromLewes wrote:
No it wasn't libelous, you have the right of free opinion to criticise a premise that you were unhappy with or disliked. IF it was possible to sue then there would be absolutley no restaurant critics as they would be all in court with articles they have written.
It is best not to quote people though, however I think Manami will be alright.

On 7 Sep 2007 at 9:11pm plonker wrote:
I personally would vote for that caf on the ground floor of riverside centre, filthy place and you daren't ever complain or get a mouthful of abuse from some evil witch behind the counter or her stooge.

On 8 Sep 2007 at 10:46am The Super K wrote:
Evil Witch? could that be libelous? do you have any evidence? is she one of Americas axis of evil?

On 25 Oct 2007 at 11:10pm Irrentuff wrote:
Hello!
How are you?

29 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

River Wharfs Lewes 110:143
River Wharfs Lewes

I doubt that more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
Liberty cannot be preserved without general knowledge among the people.
John Adams