Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Rubbish

On 3 Nov 2017 at 9:26am Friday wrote:
Anyone had odd experiences with the refuse collectors of Lewes?
Just had to run down the street to catch the truck with my dustbin, they obviously donít like the look of it. Or me...
Seems to be a badge of honour to collect as little rubbish as possible... this week, a black bin bag was ok. But the dustbin - no way!! (Yes, the bin has a regulation black bag lining it).
So the truck stops, the guy gets out and tells lies about the bin not being there from 6am (it was next to the bag they just picked up, and itís 8.30am). Bad attitude.
I expect they all have a good laugh about it in the truck after.
Very boring comment during bonfire, I know.
Bit weird though. Wondering if itís just me?! Never had a problem with binmen before.
PS Iím not a toff!
On 3 Nov 2017 at 10:16am rubbish wrote:
They are friendly but a bit incompetent. I often have to email the council but to be fair, they respond quickly and usually come and pick up the missed bags or whatever the following day
On 3 Nov 2017 at 10:33am Friday wrote:
Very poor behaviour really.
Theyíve got one job, it canít be that complicated.
On 3 Nov 2017 at 12:04pm Madame x wrote:
Out of all the places I have lived lewes rubbish collectors have been by far the best, if I forget to put bins out they come and collect from my garden , never once had they missed our bins and I have always found them polite.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes Sheep 79:132
Lewes Sheep

You've read the puff pieces to attract the investors. Now read the spec.for the vaccine if you're interested, it's your life. more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like BONFIRE NIGHT, and of course all the out-meetings which go on around this time - and the loud bang at the crack of dawn!
Jojo