Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Royalty

On 28 Oct 2011 at 2:34pm Clifford wrote:
Does anyone else think there's a something very funny about the government bringing in a 'Royal Equality Act' for an institution as intrinsically unequal as the monarchy. I wish Tom Paine was still here to laugh along with us.

'...certain it is, that is called monarchy, always appears to me a silly, contemptible thing. I compare it to something kept behind curtain, about which there is a great deal of bustle and fuss, and a wonderful air of seeming solemnity; but when, by any accident, the curtain happens to be open, and the company see what it is, they burst into laughter.'

On 28 Oct 2011 at 2:57pm bastian wrote:
could it be that the royals in their new equity will be paid a the same as us ?
could that mean prince charles and his wayward sons be paid £16,230 per annum like us....lord be praised, I never thought i'd see the day.....
Oh,hang on,that's a joke right!

On 30 Oct 2011 at 1:10am AYATOLLAH HOGMANNY wrote:
You can probably blame the EU Equality Laws for this, and a good thing it is to, why shouldn't a woman be first in line to the throne....my god, you men seem to think you have that right all over the land, and the law should be changed, why should I have to wait in the morning for the kharzi!!!!!

34 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

South Downs Way 106:132
South Downs Way

Get a cat? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington