Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Royal Oak

On 12 Feb 2018 at 11:15am Theresa's Philip wrote:
Refit looks great - modern & very classy, big change to the dump it was. Pity it's still Greene King.
On 12 Feb 2018 at 12:28pm Ferret wrote:
There's nothing wrong with Greene King, Bury St Edmund's finest. If it wasn't for them, many decent pubs would have gone to the wall, and they brew good beer. For example...

Check it out here »
On 12 Feb 2018 at 12:55pm The Greek wrote:
The best GK pubs are ones that hide the fact that they are GK, retain some sense of individuality and relegate 1 GK beer to the end of the bar. I can think of a few great GK pubs (including the one linked above) but most are medicore.
On 12 Feb 2018 at 2:32pm Observer wrote:
The Laughing Fish is the exception that proves the general rule that Greene King pubs are terrible.
As for their beers - Ferret are you having me on? It's their sort of horrible tasteless dreck that gives British beer a bad name.
On 12 Feb 2018 at 3:03pm Ferret wrote:
Don't forget the Black Horse, whose Black Horse Bitter is apparently GK IPA. I'm an expert in drinking English bitter, and I can assure you that IPA is as drinkable as Harvey's Best, without being quite as brilliant. It's all a matter of opinion.

Check it out here »
On 12 Feb 2018 at 6:27pm Observer wrote:
I'm a bitter drinker too. And GK's range is the worst example of the genre (closely followed by Bombardier etc.). I'm not alone in that opinion; on any beer review website it gets consistenly awful rankings. Not fit to be mentioned in the same sentence as Harvey's, Timmy Taylors, Fullers, Hook Norton, Tribute etc.
On 12 Feb 2018 at 6:30pm Local wrote:
Keep it quiet, but Black Horse Bitter is Harvey's Best.
As any fule no........
On 12 Feb 2018 at 7:12pm @Local wrote:
Not according to the barman that I asked, or according to my taste buds. It's good but it's not Harvey's Best
On 12 Feb 2018 at 10:14pm Local wrote:
Well, they won't admit it in case you're from Greene King management!
On 12 Feb 2018 at 10:30pm @Local wrote:
You can't really be a local beer drinker if you can't tell the difference between Best and GK IPA anyway.
On 12 Feb 2018 at 11:00pm Local wrote:
Never touch the muck, myself.

On 22 Feb 2018 at 9:48am Frak wrote:
Funny thing is though, Harvey's isn't a great beer.
May be better than gk, but there are far better local breweries.

25 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Ann of Cleves 2:132
Ann of Cleves

I think it is unlikely that the IMF will be involved at all in our deficit Tom. The government have offered to give lots of money... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.
George Washington