Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Rogue trader warning across Lewes district

On 27 Oct 2014 at 12:20pm Care For The Community wrote:
Police are currently receiving regular calls about 'rogue trader' activity across Lewes District.

Incidents include vulnerable and usually elderly members of the community are being targeted by pushy, intimidating trades people seeking to persuade them to have unnecessary works undertaken in and around their homes.

These works include driveway clearance, tree surgery, tarmacing and gardening work. Victims have then been charged extortionate amounts for sub-standard work or for work not undertaken at all.

A police spokesman said; "We strongly advise residents not to engage with any cold callers of this type.

"If you have relatives who are vulnerable or living alone, they could be a potential target for these unscrupulous people. Please do inform your relatives, friends, and colleagues. The more people who are aware, the less likely it is that someone you know will become a victim.

"Please report sightings of suspicious vehicles, persons or activities such as those described to us, using the 101 non emergency contact number, via our website, www.sussex.police.uk or if there is an offence in progress, on 999.
"Crime prevention advice can be found on our website www.sussex.police.uk or via your local Police Community Support Officer by emailing 101@sussex.pnn.police.uk."
On 28 Oct 2014 at 1:08pm UQUIT wrote:
Also beware middle age men wearing purple and yellow pretending to be from a political party called "UKIP". These people are bigoted and dangerous and should not be approached.
On 29 Oct 2014 at 7:35am Just an honest worker wrote:
an I`v just come over to get some cash for christmas .Check out moy accent - can ye tell what oi am yet ?

On 4 Nov 2014 at 2:48pm Popeye wrote:
You sound like a P..S taking Gorjer. Grow up and get a life.

33 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Keere Street 50:132
Keere Street

Hm, I could recommend you Chameleon decorators and windows restoration This company uses vacuum-sealed double glazing technology... more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
I like the way streets have street parties!!!!!!!
JoJo