Lewes Forum thread

Go on, tell 'em what you think

Lewes Forum New message

Rock in the Bog

On 4 Jul 2012 at 10:37am bogger wrote:
Does anybody know if Rock in the Bog is still on? I have heard a rumour that it has been cancelled.

On 4 Jul 2012 at 11:08am maggiemoo wrote:
Yes its been cancelled

On 4 Jul 2012 at 11:17am bogger wrote:
Nothing on the cliffe website yet. Got a scource for your info maggiemoo ?

On 4 Jul 2012 at 11:46am Bog brush wrote:
Not surprised...that piece of ground is damp at the best of times..

On 4 Jul 2012 at 11:56am tom wrote:
it now on cliffe web stie

Check it out here »

On 4 Jul 2012 at 12:41pm bogger wrote:
Where is it currently mentioned on the website apart from a small sentance on facebook from someone

On 4 Jul 2012 at 12:57pm Cliffe Hanger wrote:
At the bit where it says "Rock in the Bog, Cancelled", right at the top?

On 4 Jul 2012 at 1:03pm Bog Off wrote:

Yeah, the big capitals letters spelling CANCELLED are a clue
I see they don't give refunds in the event of a cancellation.. Not good

On 4 Jul 2012 at 1:07pm sally wrote:
oh thats a shame not just for cliffe but for all the people who were going.

On 4 Jul 2012 at 1:35pm Frankfurtersausage wrote:
Announcement - 10am - Wednesday 4th July
(copied from Rock in the Bog Website)
We regret to advise that following several days of heavy rain, the Rock In The Bog festival site is now under water, and organisers have been forced to cancel this years event.
We are deeply saddened to have to take this course of action, but it is not possible to guarantee public safety in these conditions, and this must take precedence over all other considerations.
If you have purchased a ticket from one of our outlets, or at a recent event, refunds will be available on presentation of the ticket(s) at the John Harvey Tavern, Lewes during the following periods:
Friday 6th July - 7pm to 9pm
Saturday 7th July - 12 noon to 3pm
If you have purchased tickets online, please apply for a refund using the form on the REFUND page of this site before Saturday 14th July. Unfortunately we are unable to refund third party booking fees, and we cannot issue refunds of online bookings by any other means.
If you require further information then please contact us.
Thanks for your understanding, and hope we will see you next ye

On 4 Jul 2012 at 2:24pm GUIDO wrote:
With signs of heavy rain over the weekend the organisers had no choice. The ground is heavily waterlogged and camping and the moving of vehicles around site would have been impossible. Full refunds are available. See Rockinthebog.com for full details.

On 4 Jul 2012 at 2:52pm Dave wrote:
Why's it called Rock in the Bog?

On 4 Jul 2012 at 3:05pm Where is the paper wrote:
Because there is a brick in the toilet !!

On 5 Jul 2012 at 7:54am Mr Happy wrote:
I have just read on BTYahoo that we are expecting a months rainfall on friday and saturday in some parts of Britain so I think the campers have had a lucky escape! Such a shame for the Cliffe and all the organisers who work so hard to put it on. I wonder if there was another place they could have used other than "The Bog' ?
On 5 Jul 2012 at 2:33pm Brixtonbelle wrote:
Shame they couldn't have found another venue, my son and his friends were really looking forward to it.

On 5 Jul 2012 at 4:12pm Crytyc wrote:
I wonder if they tried or whether they just spat their dummies out and cancelled whatever.
It's not like there are no empty fields around Lewes that are above the flood plain

On 5 Jul 2012 at 5:25pm M Eavis wrote:
Oh yes Crytyc, I am sure that they would cancel the biggest money earner of the year by far if there was really an alternative. You cannot just choose a field at the last minute and get everything (stage, power, bars, food outlets, car parking, toilets, crowd safety and a million and one other things) ready for a weekend festival at the drop of a hat. Unless you think you could do it of course, in which case I am sure the Cliffe would be very pleased to hear from you. You can probably contact them via their website. You still have 24 hours so come on, I am sure someone like you can pull something out of the hat.

On 5 Jul 2012 at 10:57pm Pantomime Horse wrote:
Well said, M. Eavis.

On 5 Jul 2012 at 11:13pm J. Giddings wrote:
Well said Mr Eavis. Shame we all hide behind false names as I'm sure people would like to put Crytyc right on a few things.

On 7 Jul 2012 at 11:45am CLOWSIE wrote:
TenShed one of the RITB Bands are playing at the Con Club tonight. £4.00 members free. Funds going to the Cliffe.

17 posts left

Your response

You must now log in (or register) to post
Click here to add a link »
Smile
Smile Wink Sad Confused Kiss Favourite Fishing Devil Cool

terms

Lewes busker 60:132
Lewes busker

Any thoughts idm? more
QUOTE OF THE MOMENT
If you lend someone £20 and don't see them again it was probably worth it.
Dan